Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 27-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #61
TortBabe
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquestrianBabe View Post
Over here it was minus three last night But luckily I had my duvet, blanket, dressing gown and hot water bottle
You forgot to mention Harvey too, lying beside you keeping you warm
Old 03-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #62
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquestrianBabe View Post
Over here it was minus three last night But luckily I had my duvet, blanket, dressing gown and hot water bottle

I LOVE my hot water bottle. I strapped it to my back with a scarf the other when I took the dog out
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #63
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

BTW, a follow up to a post I posted earlier in the thread.. the day we couldn't get to the hospital for my wife's result (Monday) we couldn't get through on the phone to them all day as they were inundated with cancellation calls and they eventually blocked all calls. Anyway, later in the day they phoned up to say are you happy to hear the result over the phone She said yes and they said everything was fine and see you next year!! So why say that then??? Why not just come out right away and say everything was fine. Idiots. And why make someone wait a month from the mammo date to tell them especially someone who has already had cancer within the last 4 years.

Richard Branson's plan was going to be to use part of the lottery income money to pump into the NHS if he had beaten off the Camelot bid but Camelot got it again so theatres and art galleries benefit while the NHS crumbles. Lottery money shouldn't be required anyway, it should be the Government pumping money in but instead they are making cuts
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #64
Pussygalore
Adult

we didn't have duvets when I was a child but I had a feather mattress which when plumped up used to kind of surround you and a feather eiderdown over the blankets so we weren't cold. There wasn't any central heating/double glazing in those days so I got dressed downstairs in front of the gas cooker which had the door open and my clothes in front of it so they were warm. There was an open fire in the front room which dad would get up early to light, I hated getting out of the bed as there was always ice on the insides of the windows and you could see your breath so you never hang around.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #65
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

Alan i'm so glad the results were good. Worry over for a while eh? Really am pleased for you and Mrs Caledonia x

But yep indeed why couldn't they tell you straight away. I love the NHS, they saved my life. Without the free care services I received (and the 4 kind people that donated their blood) I would not be here. However, it's run by idiots and and big wig's loonies that don't live in the real world. It's crazy all the cuts they are making. Huddersfield doesn't even have a maternity ward now and the percentage of infant deaths has risen in our area since. They've cut staff from my dad's hospital but somehow managed paid 4, yep 4 people to go on site and train everyone on how to open the box in which they put used needles. Something which they did everyday anyway! They've also cut the pick up service and instead they sent from Darlington to York 3 different taxis to pick up people, take them to Darlington hospital, wait outside while they had treatment and then take them back to York. Crazy. Pure waste of money.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #66
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

last winter when the snow was bad they had the 'on call' doctor who gets driven about to places by a driver (that's nowt to do with the snow, that's the situation all year round) BUT also they had another 4x4 vehicle following that car everywhere in case it got stuck!!! The doc has a car with DOCTOR on it and a green light on top but surely he could just have been driven about (or driven himself even) in the 4 x 4 instead. the could even have put a DOCTOR sticker on the side for him madness, and that's where the money goes on stupidity like that
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote