Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 18-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
*laura*

Default monday again

can you believe its monday again?!?.... ive been off work nearly to weeks now after my op, so its going to be even harder to go back, and i dont want to, lol!

is there anyone out there who actually enjoys their job?! cos i want one like your if you do, lol!

x
Old 18-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

yep love mine.....tomorrow i have to feed all my inverts,clean my fish out, shift all the baby koi into there rearing tank, try to sex the mirror carps for when they are sold in a few days,check all the incubators,clean my cockraoches out,bath the dog,go litter picking on the widllife garden, pick the last few strawberries left. go rotafate the hard soil. need finish off a vivarium,gotta feed a few of my larger snakes. thats it i think, and ye ai love my job u can do part time for me lol but the pay is not too good.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Larrah
Hatchling

I enjoy mine- i'm a youth worker and it's definatley my passion.

Think it's important to find a job you like (i understand it's not as easy as that) as it makes monday mornings a whole lot easier.

Still tho..don't have work tomorrow... uni! xxx
Larrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
wilsonathome
Hatchling

if i had a job like that i'd love it too but i work for social services and i hate the thought of setting the alarm every night. i don't dislike my job, just hate geting up every morning
wilsonathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
*laura*

lol, i agree with you.. think its the thought of getting up early, and then finishing work, when its dark, grrr.. i work in a pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant... but a technician in training, lol, so maybe when im on more money ill enjoy it more?!? maybe?!?... but i doubt it, lol!
Old 19-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
Toni115
Adult

I love my job too, I am office manager for small family run garage door and electric gate company. I work (mainly on my own) in a small office (converted small barn) which is next to the bosses farmhouse. I look out onto 80 acres of meadow, a large pond with ducks and moorhens. I have the bosses labradors to keep me company, and full use of the farm kitchen - including the Aga if I want!! I only work till 12.30, but take all the phone calls, bit of bookwork, and basically run the office for my boss
I have a very laid back boss who just lets me get on with things, and the moneys not bad either

It is the perfect job, mind you it took years to find it
Old 19-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
sophiewins
Incubating

Hi
I don't mind my job but it is very demanding and stressful (I work for the Children and Families Dept) After a weekend away from it I never want to go back on a Monday but am alright when I get there. I am terrible at getting up in the morning on any day though.

Sophie
sophiewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
Toni115
Adult

I think thats the problem isnt it! even if you like your job its the whole "routine" thing again on monday morning...getting up at certain times, getting kids out the door on time, getting to work on time.....boring
Old 19-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
ghone
Egg

I agree with you..i love my job in a pre school but hate mondays....its like having to get back onto the hamster wheel again after falling off it and collapsing on a friday night..,collapsing into a bottle of wine and a take away that is....
ghone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #10
KearasNana
Sub Adult

I like my job and even more now that I am working from home! But I know how you feel Laura it's hard going back after being away for a while! I am not planning on going back t work till 2009 so god only knows what that will feel like!