Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #11
70ridgeway
Adult

your right same round here i was brought up round here moved away when i got married the first time marrage broke up after 13 years then moved back but its not the same as it was
70ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #12
Sunbeam
Incubating

Well I live in a village and during the week at 10pm a man knocked on our door. He was covered in blood and had been attacked and thrown through a first floor window . As you can imagine it was not pretty and we had to help him. It took 40 minutes for the help to come, then we were left to clear all the blood from our kitchen floor, front door and driveway ...

K x
Sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #13
70ridgeway
Adult

bet that was awful cause you had to help never had any thing like that it always seems to be the same family round here two brothers that live together there the nicest people you could meet till they go out for a drink
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #14
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

OMG K That would have tettified me!! I would have had to help, but it must have been a hell of a shock answering the door.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #15
kirstyhumphrey
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kirstyhumphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME SHELL
I went to pick something up from a woman off freecycle about 20miles from me and I couldn't believe how rough the area was. There was a block of flats opposite wih practically every window broken, a pair of trainers were hanging over the electric power line and when I knocked the door she wouldn't answer for ages, but she was there on the other side of the door stareing at me . When she answered the door she was lovely and forgot i was coming, but it felt like you would never answer the door if you weren't expecting someone. I had told her I would be there on that day, but she had forgotten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ridgeway
we went to collect a young racing pigeon from a place like that i was so scarry as we drove in to the street everyone stopped what they were doing and was just staring at us we had been home about an hour and the phone rang it was the same man another one of hubbys young pigeons had dropped in the same house we were just saying that we were glad didnt have to go there again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME SHELL
Yes we got back into the car pretty quickly. It was very scarey.
that all sounds like where we used to live we had to live there for 3 years it was horribble and
a few weeks after we moved out the was a bloke on the back of a motor bike driving past shooting
and they kept coming back so glad we got out

and my mom and cousin was attaced by 3 lads with a bottle so my mom grabbed a stick and tried
to attack them it was pretty funny when we think about it after ward sbut not at the time

but now where we live its abosolutly bliss lol no fighting, no gangs just helpful neighbours
the neighbours come round and have coffee with mom and they've helped dig the whole front
garden over which had bushes all over it all you hear is kids playing

kirsty

1 leopard tort solo sex unknown
(R.I.P. WIGGLE and KIHA missing you)
kirstyhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
70ridgeway
Adult

thats how it use to be here everyone was in everyones house drinking coffee/tea arranging days out together even use to do charity football games men v women in fancy dress but its all different everyone says hello but wouldnt want them in your house
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #17
hbvet
Hatched

I must be so lucky - half the time I forget to lock the car or leave my backdoor wide open all day whilst out at work! Beautiful village, still very much a community and mostly people look out for each other. May be I wear rose tinted glasses but love my village!!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
70ridgeway
Adult

most of the problems here started when they decided to regenerate the area knocking down houses and moving trash in to our streets and making our area as bad as the others dont get me wrong they all look out for each other but alot of the originals have moved due to who they moved into the surrounding area its never been posh but it was a good place to live i can only speak about my street because a couple of the streets surrounding it was rough