Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 07-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #31
Catwoman63
Adult

I read your sentence a couple of times merl, I've not long got up and I think I'm being a bit thick, but I don't know what you mean sorry haha x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #32
Merlin M
Adult

Sorry I am not long up myself, I have up added some grammar, and mad it make more sense! Must mot post before tea!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #33
Catwoman63
Adult

Haha, your like me, I don't make any sense, or just grunt until I have a large strong coffee x

0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Old 07-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #34
Merlin M
Adult

Yup hubby is like that too! Poor Buzz in the morning always has me get a bit grumpy with her when she is impatient first thing!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #35
Catwoman63
Adult

Hehe merl, I like peace and quiet in the morning too, I'm not a morning person x

0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Old 07-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #36
Suze65
Adult

Well my head is literally spinning this morning, and this has made it spin even more, let's all calm down a bit, your all lovely, kind, caring people, and very passionate about your torts. I think it all spills over a bit sometimes.
As i was saying , I got out of bed this morning and the room was spinning and I fell over, got back into bed and felt very sick, have just managed to stagger to the loo. So all the men folk have had to feed the torts.
I hope petey gets well soon xxx

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #37
pagan queen
Adult

Awww, Suze, you poor thing, hope you feel better soon.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #38
Laura Mac
Hatched

I am just seeing all this now. Jeezoo what has happened. All I wanted was a bit of advice and this has turned into world war 3. Lets try to clear a few things up.

Firstly for those who dont know me I am a very proud owner of an extremely cute and extremely happy tortoise and he is my wee baby (makes me sound a little mental but I dont care, my petey is so important to me).

I also think I should apologise for my use of words in my description. His eyes were not 'bulging' and 'vomit' was probably not an apt description of what happened it looks more like undigested food which he had a lot of that day so think a bit of an eyes (not bulging) too big for his belly. This was not anything I had seen or heard of before so I paniced and once I done everything I could to make him comfortable-make sure his mouth was cleaned, his house was clean and he was in a bath - I logged into shelled warrior to ask for advice.

Merlin comforted me and gave me good advice and I would like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for this. Merlin, you are a great person and I value your advice. The fact that someone has now criticised her for being a good person and conforting me when I needed it most is shocking and I would like to apologise for putting you in the firing line Merlin. Please do not listen to this narrow minded person.

I would also like to have on record I am not an irresponsable owner and have done and continue to do the best for Petey.

I called the out of hours vet who asked a few questions about what happened and how he is now. They told me I was able to go down and see them but if he seemed ok in himself then perhaps leave him to ssleep a little and assess later which I done. At all times I was prepared to go see them. He seemed fine and yesterday I gave him a bath in the morning and again in the afternoon. I did not give him food and ensured he had evetything he needed. He seems like himself. Today he has had a bath and a little food and he seems himself, however, we are going to my vet on monday afternoon-my reptile vet-for a check up. If he seems out of sorts in anyway he will be first in queue to the out of hours vet.

So again I think what I have done for petey is the right thing and Merlin is a great support.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #39
Evie
Sub Adult

One of mine regurgitated undigested food it was very frightening for me and I slept on the sofa all night night just to monitor her - the vet said it could have been quantity and the fact she ate late and did not have the heat ect to digest it

I am sure everything will be ok especially if there has been no further episodes
Evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #40
Suze65
Adult

Laura, don't worry, like I said one of mine did this once, it is a bit odd, and was fine , you've spoken to a vet, just keep a close eye on him over the weekend ( which I'm sure you will ) the vet is on call if there's a problem .

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote