Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 18-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to clairestortoise

Yeah I know, I waited and waited and waited. My bulb was in the new oven about two weeks ago lol...As soon as I said thats it! Enough is enough! My bulb was ready to be dispatched! lol..So ok I said I will wait, then waited and waited and waited. Has been very stressful to say the least. He knows I was Beep...I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I probably wont buy from there again to be honest with you. I wanted the bulb as I had read so many good reviews before the issues began. I think its fair to say I had been patient!

9 Cats, Wallace 15, Blackie 10, Scooby&Phoebe(Bro&Sis) 9, Gucci 6, Snuggles 5 and Oliver 3 and Blossom and Billy 10 months old

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...e&id=523711412

clairestortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #12
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M
Question

Didn't I read on another thread that there was a new UV/Heat bulb coming out soon made by a different manufacturer?
Helen xx
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Yeah Think it was Arcadia, I think...Am sure Caledonia knows

9 Cats, Wallace 15, Blackie 10, Scooby&Phoebe(Bro&Sis) 9, Gucci 6, Snuggles 5 and Oliver 3 and Blossom and Billy 10 months old

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

Old 18-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
brodi
Egg

I was going to give the t-rex bulb blast
brodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #15
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairestortoise View Post
Yeah Think it was Arcadia, I think...Am sure Caledonia knows
I'm definitely looking forward to something new. I haven't been impressed with the quality of the Megarays at all and if these new bulbs prove to be more reliable I'll swop my megaray and not look back
Helen xx
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
clairestortoise
Juvenile

http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...hlight=arcadia

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

Old 18-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I have been using another bulb which is the Vitalux 300Watt. The thing with that one is that it is very powerful and can only be used on quite a big area. I'm using it only for a very bright and high UV effect for midday for two hours and I am relying on a 120Watt megaray and a halogen lamp for the rest of the day.

So the Vitalux is not really an alternative to the MegaRay which is a shame because it works very well and I have had no problem with it at all. If they made a 150Watt version of it they would be doing great business because its a very reliable product as far as I know.
Old 19-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #18
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodi View Post
I was going to give the t-rex bulb blast
this info is accurate
Quote:
The only other lamps that match the MegaRays for UV output, width of beam, and longevity are the "other MegaRays" - lamps also made by Westron, in the same factory as the MegaRay. These are sold under the brand names T-Rex Active UV Heat Flood and Komodo UV-Sun
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #19
yuna1971
Adult

Hey all, I got my MR from Reptilekeeping.co.uk (ask for Paul). He despatched it for next day delivery and it came in the specified time. But remember Reptilekeeping get their bulbs from Kimbos. Kimbos are the UK stockist and the other sites are just buying from Dazza. Its not that they have their stock shipped from US to them and its a separate batch from Kimbos.
But in terms of service - (this was before all the panic over last month or so) Reptilekeeping were execellent and I would buy from them again.
As Al has said the Komodo UV-Sun and the T-rex Active Flood are made by Westron and are the same people who make the Mega Ray.
We just have to be patient with Arcadia and hopefully they will come through. They will have a good customer base from the off - if only nicking customers from all the pee'd off people who bought MR's!!
I agree with Al and just buy the most reliable one like the Solar Glo but just bear in mind to replace once MR get their act together.
I also will say again, to if you can afford to get one of the UV output readers such as the solarmeter 6.2. It is about £125 but at the end of the day - hey your bulb might work...but who is to say that there is any UV coming out of it!!!
End of month this little gadget is exactly what I am gonna get as I GOTTA KNOW whether my bulb is doing what it should.

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #20
brodi
Egg

Just to add to this, got my MR bulb today lasted all of 2 mins before it started to flicker on and off, now its just off!! bloody nightmare
brodi is offline   Reply With Quote