Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #1
neildunne
Incubating

Default Trio of sub/adult Redfoots for sale...1xmale and 2xfemale

Due to some devastating news i received today from the hospital, i have sadly got for sale my trio of sub/adult Redfoots. I have been scheduled sometime within the next few weeks for a major operation on my lower right leg which is going to incapacitate me for 5-6 weeks, and an estimated rehab time of about 8-12 months. This has been a devastating blow to me, and therfore will no longer be able to give my shelled buddies the time and love they are so used to.

I have 1 male called Greg who is 9" and weighs 1680gms

1 female called Eve who is 8" and weighs 1133gms

1 female called Tina who is 7" and weighs 944gms

The little guys are so so lovely and nearly break their little legs running as soon as they see you. As any redfoot owner can tell you they all have individual personalities and i look upon them as 'little people', it may sound pathetic but if you know reds you know what i mean. They can only go to a knowledgable home with someone who understands the care and needs of reds. Greg is also trying his best, bless him, to try and add to their little group, and is 'making love' to put it politely, every chance he gets!! He's male and must think he's in charge but the girls run rings round him lol. Eve, the next one down is so affectionate it silly really, but if she wants feeding poor greg gets no where near the food. Last but not least is Tina who would rather be in the living room with me than hanging out in her gang lol. I feed her in the same enclosure but give her a seperate dish because the other two are bigger and stronger than she is, but she's a tough cookie really and if the other two annoy her she bulldozes them and tries to turn them over.............I really think i may have spoilt her!!!

I really would like them to go as a group because they are well established, get on really well, and are trying their best to breed, and if they do go asa trio i will also give their enclosure wit U.V. and ceramic heater. As i stated, they can only go to a knowledgeable home, and i will check first. I will post a few pics so you can see the family for yourselves. Greg and Tina have a little pyramiding, but it isn't as bad as it may look in the pics, and hasn't got any worse since i got them, and Eve is quite smooth shelled.

Any more info and prices, you can P.M. me..................Thanks...............Neil

THIS IS GREG

GREG AND TINA

EVE

GREG AND TINA "AT IT"

Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Neil,

I am so sorry to hear this, I wonder if there is any way they could be cared for while you rehabilitate after your inpending operation to be rehomed with you when you are well again.

It would be such a shame for you to have to sell them as you obviously care for them as much as you would real children.

I dont have redfoots myself or have much spare room but if I can help I will.

I hope and pray you dont have to sell these lovely tortoises, that they can just go on an extended vacation to a temporary loving home waiting for their Dad to get better.

Best wishes mate.

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Old 02-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
neildunne
Incubating

Hi Ade, and thanks for your kind thoughts. I was was chatting to Larraine through p.m. earlier as the the thoughts of fostering had crossed my mind a few weeks ago before i was given the news about the operation for definate, but the idea isn't right for the family. Unfortunately i have found out it is a congential condition which i am suffering from which is also affecting my left leg, but not as severely yet as my right leg. It is a constant problem which isn't going to get any better, and they are unsure how far into the future i may need the operation on my left leg. It also is starting to affect my left arm. I am doing what i think is right for the torts in the long run, they really do need the attention which they are used to. Thanks anyway bud
Old 02-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
Beverley
Adult

You clearly love your redfoots Neil, it must be heartbreaking for you, I am crying reading this post, perhaps someone could foster them near you and you could still be involved in their lives. They have been very well cared for and are beautiful.
I do hope your operation goes well and I hope it all works out for you

Beverley
Old 02-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Neil,

I am so sorry to hear that your condition is the way it is. I had a lump in my throat from the first post when you said that you are having to sell them.

I am sure you will do the right thing by you and your shelled family, it would be lovely if they could be close by to you so that you can still see them as often as you would like.

You are a great tortoise Dad, you can see it in your lovely tortoises, they are a credit to you.

Kind regards mate.

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Old 03-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Gosh, a double whammy of awfulness. I am so sorry to hear about your condition, and that you have to make such a hard decision, there must be some way to work round this? I met a tortoise lady whose Hermans have lived with a neihbour of hers for 10 years. Wish I could help
Old 08-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
Tortlover
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to Tortlover

Cant help with the torts but wish you all the best!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
neildunne
Incubating

To let people know that my reds have found a new home in south wales with a lovely family who already keep Reds, Leopards and Hermans. Thanks for your replies and kind wishes............Neil
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #9
linda
Adult

im pleased you have found them a new loving home
Closed Thread