Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 22-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Mighty_Quinn
Hatchling

Default THH Shelled Warriors Perth 2011 hatchling

Hi folks, wondering if anyone on here bought a THH tortoise from Strictly Exotics in Perth (Scotland) end of autumn 2012 (I got Quinn that August) - They are 2011 Hatchlings.

I'm sure someone said to me when I first came on here they had purchased one from there also but i can't remember who.

Wondering what size and weight their little on is at the moment......

Quinn seems to be stuck at the 52g mark and off hand i think his length is 6cm would have to double check when i get home.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Hanako
Hatchling

I have THH but I didn't buy them from Strictly Exotics in Perth. My 2011 THH hatchlings are a bit heavier than that. In fact, my 2012 THH are at the moment around 70-90 g. But that doesn't mean that mine are right and your is wrong. Everyone develops at a different speed. Think about people, someone gets quickly taller and someone grows slower but at the end may end up the same height or even taller.

If you noticed that yours was growing and suddenly stopped growing, maybe try bathing him in Abidec to give him some extra vitamins. Also, check if he is eating at all. When Goldie was unwell, she stopped eating and I wouldn't notice if I wasn't checking her weight weekly. You could also do worm count.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Mighty_Quinn
Hatchling

I did a worm count and it was completey clear, think I will get the Abidec and try some of that.
Old 27-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Thelly
Egg

Mine is growing faster than that, he recently turned 1 year old and is 148g and 88mm long with a Jackson Ratio of 0.21
Thelly is offline   Reply With Quote