Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Rehoming

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
bugaloo_tortoise
Egg

Question Sanctuaries or Zoos?

Hi there!

I'm posting on behalf of my girlfriend who is at work. Basically, she (or rather her sister) has a 6 year old Horsefield Tortoise. But sadly, both are leaving the country to live and work abroad for a few years, and taking him with either of them isn't really an option. The parents do not want to look after him themselves. So poor old Charlie will sadly have to find a new home

Ideally we'd like him to have a nice life where he can have an outside enclosure - there isn't really room for one in my girlfriend's garden, and we don't get the best tortoise weather in Ormskirk! Failing that, a large indoor enclosure of some kind - he's outgrown his current tortoise table

Does any one know of any sanctuaries (or maybe Zoos) which would take Charlie the life he deserves?

Thanks
Old 24-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
longbowassassin
Hatched

hello and welcome. do you have any photos of him because you might get interest in him off here, good luck BTW.
Old 24-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
TillyTortoise
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowassassin View Post
hello and welcome. do you have any photos of him because you might get interest in him off here, good luck BTW.
I agree, you might be better off re-homing him to someone on here. Good luck.
Old 24-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Nitwit
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaloo_tortoise View Post
Hi there!

I'm posting on behalf of my girlfriend who is at work. Basically, she (or rather her sister) has a 6 year old Horsefield Tortoise. But sadly, both are leaving the country to live and work abroad for a few years, and taking him with either of them isn't really an option. The parents do not want to look after him themselves. So poor old Charlie will sadly have to find a new home

Ideally we'd like him to have a nice life where he can have an outside enclosure - there isn't really room for one in my girlfriend's garden, and we don't get the best tortoise weather in Ormskirk! Failing that, a large indoor enclosure of some kind - he's outgrown his current tortoise table

Does any one know of any sanctuaries (or maybe Zoos) which would take Charlie the life he deserves?

Thanks

Where are you? I am sure loads of people on here would love him as horsfields are goregous
Old 25-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
samincornwall
Hatched

Hi I live in Cornwall but am in London regularly, if you are near either of those
places I would be happy to help! Mine have large inside and outside enclosures and are very happy!!

I love my tortoises, Glastonbury (And most other festivals) and Leonard Cohen.
Old 25-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Easter Bunny
Adult

Think he lives in Lancashire. x