Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2022, 03:43 PM   #1
Yvonne G
Hatched

Default Where is Everyone?

Well, I'm just about ready to give up tuning into Shelled Warriors as a bad job. Every morning I click on your icon and every morning it says no new posts to report. I hope you all know that if there is no activity on a forum you run the risk of not having a forum. And I'd hate for that to happen. I live clear across the globe from you folks and it's very interesting and informative for me to read your posts and see your pictures. I'd hate to lose you all.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #2
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
Well, I'm just about ready to give up tuning into Shelled Warriors as a bad job. Every morning I click on your icon and every morning it says no new posts to report. I hope you all know that if there is no activity on a forum you run the risk of not having a forum. And I'd hate for that to happen. I live clear across the globe from you folks and it's very interesting and informative for me to read your posts and see your pictures. I'd hate to lose you all.
I am the same Yvonne. I think that most use facebook or the like to get info these days. Which is not the way to go. But its the way youngsters like it.:0(

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:56 PM   #3
burnt toast
Adult

I'm here, don't tune in as often as there are usually no new posts. It's such ashame as this used to be such a helpful informative forum.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:22 PM   #4
tortydat
Sub Adult

I'm here as well and do tune in most days but not much going on. Most of the regional tortoise groups are taking a while to get up and running again and of course it is the wrong time of year for tortoises!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #5
Gordon
Adult

Well I have no excuse as I look in every day.
It's been a busy year on the tortoise and Lizard front and also an expensive one.
I will try and post some pictures tomorrow of a few new things.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:58 PM   #6
sandy
Adult

How is your health going Gordon? I hope its a lot better:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:19 PM   #7
Gordon
Adult

It's OK but still get a lot of discomfort from all the scaring and the hernia repair but apart from that I think I'm OK.
I'm just getting over my last covid jab which always seems to flatten me 24 hrs after and then about a week after it literally goes to my head with horrible ringing and buzzing noises a bit of a headache and my eyes get sore and run a lot.
This is the third time now so will be thinking hard about having another one.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 08:41 PM   #8
CherryBrandy
Adult

evening lovely people, Hope everyone is ok and thriving. I do check in most weeks. it has been so busy home and work , health wise then really quiet then starts again. Yes me same Gordon, not keen at all now and I think must still be something in the system to deter it , especially as had it last Christmas....ohhh did I mention that word ! 44 days is it ? ...... whats everyone doing re electricity - I am keeping my bulbs on - worked out at 37p per KWH that if you use 10 KWH a day its a fiver, (that includes the 50p standing charge, and VAT) - you can see what I have been doing on the dark evenings ! CB
Old 30-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

I have had a year of all sorts of things but incredibly busy and yet I've retreated a lot away from the world. I spend much less time online, keep busy with the torts and other animals and have only gone out for medical appointments. It has given me chance to just 'be' and hence I haven't popped on for a long while.
So nice to see there are still people posting and not everyone has defected to Facebook. I have no social media whatsoever so like to keep myself in an almost constant hibernation mode
The summer was a nightmare with the heatwave, one I prefer not to think upon. We had a new kitchen put in which is wonderful but the process wasn't and I ended up with bradycardia on top of other medical issues and could barely keep myself upright. Everything improved with the autumn however. I'd live in a perpetual state of autumn/winter and early spring if I could.
Family is well and all but the youngest (who has autism) have very good careers and independent lives with their partners, so happy days.
Hubby and I are just looking forward to his retirement, but it isn't imminent just yet!

Adore watching the torts as much as ever and already thinking of improvements to their outside enclosures for next year, though the heatwave scuppered my just sitting and watching them this summer. I retreated into the semi-darkness indoors and barely used the garden.

Glad everyone seems to be mostly well. I've been fortunate with my vaccines and have had them all early due to medical issues and being a full-time carer. Felt joint and muscle pain for 1.5 days with the first and nothing but a sore arm with all others.

Keeping my torties toasty but we're monitoring electricity output carefully and so far, so good. Nice laid-back festivities here this year. Definitely one to celebrate Yule and the season now the kids are in their 20's and I don't need to magic it all up. My youngest is a typical teen but has never liked Christmas due to his autism so we basically enjoy a long bank holiday with food, TV and naps and he happily games and accepts the delicious treats we offer up.

Anyway, hope everyone keeps safe, warm and well. Will try to pop by a little more often.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:10 AM   #10
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I have had a year of all sorts of things but incredibly busy and yet I've retreated a lot away from the world. I spend much less time online, keep busy with the torts and other animals and have only gone out for medical appointments. It has given me chance to just 'be' and hence I haven't popped on for a long while.
So nice to see there are still people posting and not everyone has defected to Facebook. I have no social media whatsoever so like to keep myself in an almost constant hibernation mode
The summer was a nightmare with the heatwave, one I prefer not to think upon. We had a new kitchen put in which is wonderful but the process wasn't and I ended up with bradycardia on top of other medical issues and could barely keep myself upright. Everything improved with the autumn however. I'd live in a perpetual state of autumn/winter and early spring if I could.
Family is well and all but the youngest (who has autism) have very good careers and independent lives with their partners, so happy days.
Hubby and I are just looking forward to his retirement, but it isn't imminent just yet!

Adore watching the torts as much as ever and already thinking of improvements to their outside enclosures for next year, though the heatwave scuppered my just sitting and watching them this summer. I retreated into the semi-darkness indoors and barely used the garden.

Glad everyone seems to be mostly well. I've been fortunate with my vaccines and have had them all early due to medical issues and being a full-time carer. Felt joint and muscle pain for 1.5 days with the first and nothing but a sore arm with all others.

Keeping my torties toasty but we're monitoring electricity output carefully and so far, so good. Nice laid-back festivities here this year. Definitely one to celebrate Yule and the season now the kids are in their 20's and I don't need to magic it all up. My youngest is a typical teen but has never liked Christmas due to his autism so we basically enjoy a long bank holiday with food, TV and naps and he happily games and accepts the delicious treats we offer up.

Anyway, hope everyone keeps safe, warm and well. Will try to pop by a little more often.
lovely to see you here Emma - missed our book & TV club (needless to say won't be watching a certain programme ). so nice hearing your summer, autumn and now winter catch up. been a mixed year again - people at work basically down in the dumps most days so try and keep away from the negative energy whilst being sympathetic. its a sign of coming out of lockdown into austerity no doubt. looking forward to some time off to relax - torts all down fisrt week of November as usual and now minus ! lovely !