Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 29-09-2015, 05:18 PM   #101
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Too true...then they go quiet and want to be rubbed!!!
All depends on where you rub.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #102
CherryBrandy
Adult

all down to the food. Don't hear a peep then !
Old 16-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #103
emma_mcraf
Adult

Some sad news I'm afraid. We lost Cookie yesterday.
The youngest kids had cuddles and said goodbye before we buried her. We're keeping a good eye on Popcorn but she got to say her goodbyes too, which is apparently very important for piggies to accept what's happened. She's continued eating and is snuggled up to a snugglesafe for extra warmth tonight. We don't intend to replace our furries so we're doing all we can to make sure Popcorn doesn't pine too much.
My youngest summed it up well by saying Cookie is now in grass paradise where the grass never stops and she can eat it and never stop and she's with all the pets that have previously passed. Sweet thoughts.
RIP Cookie - we're determined to celebrate your life and not mourn your loss too much. You certainly enriched our lives, beautiful girlie. X

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #104
Wyannis
Hatchling

I'm so sorry you have lost poor cookie. I'm sure she had the best life she could with you though. Popcorn will no doubt have lots of extra love and cuddles. It is so sad to loose a pet. Thinking of you all. X
Wyannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #105
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Some sad news I'm afraid. We lost Cookie yesterday.
The youngest kids had cuddles and said goodbye before we buried her. We're keeping a good eye on Popcorn but she got to say her goodbyes too, which is apparently very important for piggies to accept what's happened. She's continued eating and is snuggled up to a snugglesafe for extra warmth tonight. We don't intend to replace our furries so we're doing all we can to make sure Popcorn doesn't pine too much.
My youngest summed it up well by saying Cookie is now in grass paradise where the grass never stops and she can eat it and never stop and she's with all the pets that have previously passed. Sweet thoughts.
RIP Cookie - we're determined to celebrate your life and not mourn your loss too much. You certainly enriched our lives, beautiful girlie. X
oh no emma, I know how you feel with Dylan's loss so sudden. He had a heart attack in my arms and I felt better I had been there though v sad . I also think my Dad will be happy to have him up there in grass paradise. Maybe they will meet Cookie, it does get better and my boys seem ok now though think FG has helped us all a lot x x
Old 17-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #106
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyannis View Post
I'm so sorry you have lost poor cookie. I'm sure she had the best life she could with you though. Popcorn will no doubt have lots of extra love and cuddles. It is so sad to loose a pet. Thinking of you all. X
Thank you. Popcorn is being doted on as usual but having a little extra fuss and I am pleased that she's eating well and has come out her hutch to enjoy some time on the grass while I was cleaning the chicken coop this lunchtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
oh no emma, I know how you feel with Dylan's loss so sudden. He had a heart attack in my arms and I felt better I had been there though v sad . I also think my Dad will be happy to have him up there in grass paradise. Maybe they will meet Cookie, it does get better and my boys seem ok now though think FG has helped us all a lot x x
It was awful when I read about Dylan but we can certainly empathise with one another. I'm sure that grass paradise is a very popular place to be and definitely full of our human loved ones as well as animal ones.
I'm glad that Flash has settled in so well.
We made a family decision not to have any more rabbits or piggies in the future for a few reasons - the kids are growing up now and we've all agreed the space in the garden can be utilised to create larger tortoise enclosures, so we won't be getting a GP to keep Popcorn company, but so far so good, and she's looking to be adjusting to being on her own. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 17-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #107
CherryBrandy
Adult

aah emma, sending hugs. When one of ours was upset we use to sit him on the cushion in between us on the sofa and he would watch TV. GP's are so soothing and tranquil (except Flash G when Im in the garden - sorry Gordon), though I reckon even FG would watch TV, I think he would comment though. Popcorn will be super fussed over ! CB x
Old 20-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #108
CherryBrandy
Adult

Hope everyone is ok.

I couldn't get too close because Flash G kept running off. He loves his carrots stuck in the carrot holder (who thinks these things up!) the whole lot went in minutes! CB

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 20-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #109
emma_mcraf
Adult

He's so blooming gorgeous!!

Old 21-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #110
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
He's so blooming gorgeous!!
I think he will be playing the bagpipes next ! CB