Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2015, 10:54 PM   #21
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Clearly there are loads of people who are still around but don't feel the urge to constantly post.

It's re-assuring to know that others are still with us.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:20 AM   #22
Daryn
Hatchling

Great many have responded to this post.

Ok so what I can see is that many are frightened to post encase they are infringing and dont make the correct responses.

What I can say is anyone wanting to post something then go ahead, this seems to be a very friendly forum, dont be frightened of making a mistake or finding others dont agree with you. Tortoise keeping is a very complex hobby. I post replies and dont even know if I am doing the right thing at times although many reply.

Please do not feel afraid of making a wrong statement, we are all trying to find the correct way of bringing up our tortes and we will always come across keepers that disagree well it doesn't matter, its just a discussion and we are all trying to do whats right.

If anyone disagrees with the things that I say then dont feel awkward it wont bother me its all a learning curve and thats the way it should be for everyone.

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #23
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
For me personally this is the virtual tortoise place that I want to be. I do stick my nose in elsewhere from time to time, just out of curiosity.

And I agree with Gordon about the SW FB. Had a look on there yesterday and some of the things I read made by hair stand on end. And of course nobody seems to question anything.
Because its the ignorant teaching the ignorant:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #24
Suze65
Adult

Ooooooo I missed all of this, I must be one of the naughty ones, that goes on FB , but I love this place more, it's like home. FB groups can be a bit unpleasant at times, and on some there seems little point commenting, because your not supposed to tell people that they are doing something wrong , when you can see it is, you get accused of bullying ( not me personally ) I start to feel what's the point of being on a tortoise group, if you can't tell some one they could do things a little differently and improve the torts enclosure. I must admit I haven't been posting as many pics, but I'm going to change that, coz you haven't seen my lot for a while.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #25
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Ooooooo I missed all of this, I must be one of the naughty ones, that goes on FB , but I love this place more, it's like home. FB groups can be a bit unpleasant at times, and on some there seems little point commenting, because your not supposed to tell people that they are doing something wrong , when you can see it is, you get accused of bullying ( not me personally ) I start to feel what's the point of being on a tortoise group, if you can't tell some one they could do things a little differently and improve the torts enclosure. I must admit I haven't been posting as many pics, but I'm going to change that, coz you haven't seen my lot for a while.
Great Suze, looking forward to seeing your photos.
Can you believe that Chester and Phoebe turn two this month?!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #26
Gordon
Adult

I personally have shot people down on occations and even had people have a go at me but if I was wrong I have apologised I'm even guilty of winding people up on the odd occasion just to try and liven things up but what I will say about this forum is I have learnt a heck of a lot and made a lot of friends even a very odd fellow in Newcastle.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #27
Stellanne
Hatchling

I have been accused of 'bullying' on a different forum, because of a different point of view. It isn't nice and certainly knocks your confidence. This forum is nice and friendly and as far as I can see quite busy......... X x hugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #28
Lorna
Egg

I would just like to say that I lurk on here but rarely post. I'm a fairly experienced tort person. And I want to say that I know Daryn and he is a fantastic example of someone who wants to learn and absorbs everything he reads, like a sponge, but at the same time questions what is the best practice. He experiments with housing and enclosures. His tortoises have the best enclosures ever, and all from someone who is relatively new at torty keeping.

I wish everyone was like him. Inspiring.

Lorna
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #29
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I would just like to say that I lurk on here but rarely post. I'm a fairly experienced tort person. And I want to say that I know Daryn and he is a fantastic example of someone who wants to learn and absorbs everything he reads, like a sponge, but at the same time questions what is the best practice. He experiments with housing and enclosures. His tortoises have the best enclosures ever, and all from someone who is relatively new at torty keeping.

I wish everyone was like him. Inspiring.

Lorna
And it's great to have him here, we need more people like Daryn. Unfortunately not everyone wants to learn and experiment with enclosures and don't want to listen to others. I find it more on FB , I've got to the point where I look at a post and think , no I won't comment, they will probably take it the wrong way or some one else will want to argue. I know most people on here quite well, and we are able to debate and discus ideas fairly well, sometimes it can get a bit heated, but we still remain friends.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #30
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I personally have shot people down on occations and even had people have a go at me but if I was wrong I have apologised I'm even guilty of winding people up on the odd occasion just to try and liven things up but what I will say about this forum is I have learnt a heck of a lot and made a lot of friends even a very odd fellow in Newcastle.
Gordon, you are one of the nicest people on here, a true gentleman, and I understand why have got quite frustrated at times, you are another good example of someone who experiments with enclosures etc to find ways of improving and adapting to suit the tortoises. Classic example the pop bottle tops for hatchlings with yolk sac, brilliant.