Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Events/Meetings

Old 30-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
fantapants
Hatchling

Send a message via AIM to fantapants Send a message via MSN to fantapants Send a message via Yahoo to fantapants
Default doncaster reptile show 28/06/09

si is anybody going to this reptile show thats being held in Doncaster? i will be tagging along for the weekend and i am collecting 4 50%het pied royal pythons and 2 hedgehogs. i believe the show is on the 28thof june. anyone else going to make it?
Old 30-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
joanna
Adult

I may be able to make it, OH is interested too which is very out of character!!

Have you any details as to where in Doncaster it is?
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
sulcata2big
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna View Post
I may be able to make it, OH is interested too which is very out of character!!

Have you any details as to where in Doncaster it is?
ive been a couple of years off the trot now, its pretty boring if your just looking for torts, but if you have an interest in all reps its not to bad, its worth a fiver to get in and its at doncaster dome.

see you there

mick
sulcata2big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
fantapants
Hatchling

Send a message via AIM to fantapants Send a message via MSN to fantapants Send a message via Yahoo to fantapants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulcata2big View Post
ive been a couple of years off the trot now, its pretty boring if your just looking for torts, but if you have an interest in all reps its not to bad, its worth a fiver to get in and its at doncaster dome.

see you there

mick
yeah, to the "uninitiated" its can be quite an eye opener! i dare anybody to go there and not see and animal that appeals to them. last show we went to i came back with a chameleon instead of a frog.

This year i am sticking to royal pythons and hedgehogs.........i am specificaly looking for royal morphs and i WILL NOT buy anything else!!!
Old 31-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

What goes on at these shows? Is it just somewhere you can buy reptiles or do they have equipment for sale and do they judge animals too like a kind of crufts type show?
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
fantapants
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
What goes on at these shows? Is it just somewhere you can buy reptiles or do they have equipment for sale and do they judge animals too like a kind of crufts type show?

they dont judge the reptiles ,no. there is sellers from all the biggest companies, and lots of smaller breeders too. there is tables by the big equipment suppliers and there is so much to see and ask about. they are busy, hot and lots of fun. they are as much about the social side aswell as the reptiles. i know i will be meeting up with friends afterwards, and sampling some of the local beer!

last tie i went to a show their was a bumble bee royal python marked up at £900 at 10am.....by 4pm it had been reduced to £550. serious bargains can be had by all if you can wait til the end.
Old 31-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Oh right, thanks. It sounds interesting, we never get those kind of things here unfortunately. We have shows but it's for those who want to buy range rovers, shares in salmon fishing and shotguns
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
sulcata2big
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
Oh right, thanks. It sounds interesting, we never get those kind of things here unfortunately. We have shows but it's for those who want to buy range rovers, shares in salmon fishing and shotguns
that sound like a good day out

mick
Old 31-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
sulcata2big
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantapants View Post
they dont judge the reptiles ,no. there is sellers from all the biggest companies, and lots of smaller breeders too. there is tables by the big equipment suppliers and there is so much to see and ask about. they are busy, hot and lots of fun. they are as much about the social side aswell as the reptiles. i know i will be meeting up with friends afterwards, and sampling some of the local beer!

last tie i went to a show their was a bumble bee royal python marked up at £900 at 10am.....by 4pm it had been reduced to £550. serious bargains can be had by all if you can wait til the end.
i always find the equipment water bowls, electricals etc very expensive there, but still a good day out

mick
Old 31-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
rolleyparnell
Hatched

might sound like a good family day out... when is it?? doncastle dome?

5 Hermann name Bailey, Freddie, George, Minnie and Willow
4 rabbits and 5 Guinea pigs
3 mad cats and 1 dog (hearing dog for the deaf)
3 ferrets
2 daughters and 1 husband

rolleyparnell is offline   Reply With Quote