Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 23-03-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
burnt toast
Adult

Default Hello, how is everyone?

Hello it's been very quiet here. How are you? Are your torts up?

Mine hibernated longer than normal due to the very cold/ changeable weather. I popped to Spain to see my Son only for 4 days & they all woke up! It's lovely to see them again.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2023, 12:06 PM   #2
Kirkie
Adult

Im still visiting, forum has a bunch of useful threads I still refer back to. Same situation with hibernation, all up, most in my conservatory at the moment. Seriously considering getting some fridges for next year.

Just had a walk round the garden and saw some spotted turtles up and basking on the edge of their pond, a good sign springs on the way.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2023, 02:35 PM   #3
Yvonne G
Hatched

So glad to see someone back and posting!

Here in Central California the winter has been very mild. We've had way more rain than normal, and a lot of bad stuff (flooding, trees falling over, etc.) has been attributed to the rain, but my little section of the world is ok. My box turtles are all waking up, the water turtles are awake and I haven't checked the brumating tortoises yet, but they're probably all waking up too.
Old 23-03-2023, 02:42 PM   #4
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
So glad to see someone back and posting!

Here in Central California the winter has been very mild. We've had way more rain than normal, and a lot of bad stuff (flooding, trees falling over, etc.) has been attributed to the rain, but my little section of the world is ok. My box turtles are all waking up, the water turtles are awake and I haven't checked the brumating tortoises yet, but they're probably all waking up too.
Well here its been cold (we had the beast from the east) wet (very wet) and windy. In all an odd Winter. Tortoises will come up when they want too:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 12:06 PM   #5
emma_mcraf
Adult

Hi everyone. The winter seems to have flown and I'm now thinking about the garden and getting tort enclosures ready in the hope they can get out in 6 weeks. Hope I'm not being too optimistic.

That was a nice welcome home from your torts, Lynn.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 06:47 PM   #6
tortydat
Sub Adult

Hello Everyone all my tortoises are now up and about some in the conservatory and some in hubbie's workshop so he will be very glad when it finally warms up a bit and stops raining. I think the winter has been very cold and grey this year but all the spring bulbs seem to have done exceptionally well and it has been really good to see them popping their heads up.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 09:12 AM   #7
Gordon
Adult

Happy end of hibernation everyone.

Well it has been a while since any of us posted as I suppose not a lot to say but now things are waking up let's hope we get lots of chat going.

My Burmese browns are now fully active and out in all weather at the moment and my pancakes, and golden Greeks have been keeping me entertained over the winter and both have been laying eggs over the winter so the incubator has been on all winter.
Also have some uromastyx eggs in there as well.
All of my Herman's are just starting to wake but it's supposed to be cold for a day or two then warm again next week so they will be going out into the greenhouses.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2023, 06:04 PM   #8
burnt toast
Adult

Well apart from Clare I think that's most people. Glad we're all alive! It's amazing how they can be so dormant thrn snap back into life. It's been a beautiful sunny day here, here's to many more!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2023, 11:36 AM   #9
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Well apart from Clare I think that's most people. Glad we're all alive! It's amazing how they can be so dormant thrn snap back into life. It's been a beautiful sunny day here, here's to many more!
I have sent clare an old fashioned text to see if she is up yet.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2023, 10:34 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

I hope Claire is well and will pop by. I needed a long hibernation for health reasons so maybe Claire is sleeping in for a while longer too.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote