Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 27-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
Laura1412
Egg

Default My clyde is poorly

I took my Clyde to the vet yesterday to be checked over as he is spending so much time in his hide box and only coming out if I take him out he asnt eaten for 4 days now but doesdrink wen I soak him wen I got him out the hide box yesterday to take him to vet his beak just below his noes was a little went and was makin a little wheezing sound the vet gave him X-ray and said nothing on there is out the ordinary and prescribed antibiotic injectections fortum he gave him one I av got2 more to give one Saturday and one Tuesday my clyde on returning home went straight back into the hide boxthe vet just said abouttemps to keep a gradient but last night I kept my Che running in the night to keep the hide box to 23/24 is this hot enoughor does it need to be hotter any help and advice please I'm devestated
Laura1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1412 View Post
I took my Clyde to the vet yesterday to be checked over as he is spending so much time in his hide box and only coming out if I take him out he asnt eaten for 4 days now but doesdrink wen I soak him wen I got him out the hide box yesterday to take him to vet his beak just below his noes was a little went and was makin a little wheezing sound the vet gave him X-ray and said nothing on there is out the ordinary and prescribed antibiotic injectections fortum he gave him one I av got2 more to give one Saturday and one Tuesday my clyde on returning home went straight back into the hide boxthe vet just said abouttemps to keep a gradient but last night I kept my Che running in the night to keep the hide box to 23/24 is this hot enoughor does it need to be hotter any help and advice please I'm devestated
When using antibiotics they need the same temps 24/7 to make them work properly:0)
So no gradients while on ABS. And remember its not likely to be a quick recovery, as it can take as long to get better as it does for them to get ill.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
Laura1412
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
When using antibiotics they need the same temps 24/7 to make them work properly:0)
So no gradients while on ABS. And remember its not likely to be a quick recovery, as it can take as long to get better as it does for them to get ill.
Thanks what temp should I aim for then 24/7 is
Old 27-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
Gordon
Adult

As sandy has said you need constant heat if I ever need to use antibiotics I have a small vivarium I use as it is a great way of heating up a tort. It sounds like you have a case of upper respetory infection which is also treatable by using a nebuliser and f10.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
Laura1412
Egg

Thanks Gordon I av only seen the wet beak once no bubbles at all and the wheezing sound I only noticed yesterday for around 4 weeks I av noticed a little popping sound wen he breathes but he as been active and eatin well it's only the last 2 weeks head been constantly in the hide box I was bathing every other day and he drank he would eat small amounts butthe last 6 days he eat less then ever this is why I av gone to vets were do I get anebuliser and f10 from I don't mean mean to sound thick but iv Neva experienced anything like this iv got the enclosure temp now to 29c is this ok warm enough
Old 27-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #6
Gordon
Adult

What are your day time temps if only 29 you need to up it to 32 to 33 it is normally temps to cold that will cause a tort to become inactive then they get poorly.
As for f10 and a nebuliser both are available on amazon
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
Laura1412
Egg

My temp under baskingbulb is 33c my temps then in the rest ofenclosure are now 30c in the middle and 27c cold side and in the hide box
Old 27-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #8
Laura1412
Egg

Omron ne c28p compresser nebulizer is that the right one a white
Old 27-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #9
Laura1412
Egg

Also is the f10 vetenarian disenfectant am I looking at the right stuff
Old 27-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #10