Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 06:24 PM   #771
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Glad to hear you’re home for a nice long weekend and hopefully get in rest while everything heals beautifully.
Ireland? Holiday, work or college? Perhaps she’ll bring you back some Guinness
She has gone to live emma and maybe work.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:28 PM   #772
emma_mcraf
Adult

Oh goodness, the first one has flown the nest. It’s a strange feeling isn’t it...but now I like it!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #773
CherryBrandy
Adult

hoorah you got through it and so did the surgeon in one piece - or several pirces. so gald you are home in time for some lovely weather too - dont going over oing it !! hernias are very common when not completely healed ! Happy Easter Gordon et all , CB
Old 04-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #774
Gordon
Adult

Thank you Claire it was a totally different operation than any of the others and seemed I was out for a long time. I was very honoured that I had the head aneasnatist who was such a nice man and my consultant plus three of his colleagues work on me and when I came around they all came to see how I was which was nice.
They even told the nurse looking after me as I was in high dependency unit to give me lots of nice Fentanyl topped up with the morphine so I was very happy.
So as long as nothing goes wrong I don't need to go back for two months.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #775
Yvonne G
Hatched

Take it easy, and get well soon!
Old 08-04-2021, 10:55 PM   #776
emma_mcraf
Adult

How are you feeling a couple of weeks on, Gordon? Really hope everything is healing well and you’re feeling much better.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 09-04-2021, 08:10 AM   #777
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
How are you feeling a couple of weeks on, Gordon? Really hope everything is healing well and you’re feeling much better.
I'm feeling a lot better now emma its still very sore at times but much easier to get about now compared to the first week when I couldn't even pull myself up in the hospital bed.
The good side of things is im keeping the dressings on to give it some extra support on the scar and to keep anything out and when I change them they are as clean as when I had put them on so hopefully no sign of any infection.

I'm starting to feel a bit less stressed about it now especially with what they have done with the scar its nice and thin now as apposed to a couple of inches wide. Which was really gross and was getting me down so feel more positive now.

Who would think this has been going on now for nearly two years. But that's it now I hope.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #778
Yvonne G
Hatched

Two years is an awfully long time to have to be dealing with this problem. Let's hope it's now all in the past and it's smooth sailing from now on!
Old 09-04-2021, 10:28 PM   #779
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm feeling a lot better now emma its still very sore at times but much easier to get about now compared to the first week when I couldn't even pull myself up in the hospital bed.
The good side of things is im keeping the dressings on to give it some extra support on the scar and to keep anything out and when I change them they are as clean as when I had put them on so hopefully no sign of any infection.

I'm starting to feel a bit less stressed about it now especially with what they have done with the scar its nice and thin now as apposed to a couple of inches wide. Which was really gross and was getting me down so feel more positive now.

Who would think this has been going on now for nearly two years. But that's it now I hope.
It’s so good to read you’re feeling more positive as I know how this has knocked you sideways and then some, op after op after op.
Really good that this surgeon has made such a good job of it. It’s been a long wait. Keep looking after yourself. x

Old 06-05-2021, 03:24 PM   #780
emma_mcraf
Adult

Not sure if I should dare to ask but how is everything Gordon?