Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 23-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
vwcranky
Egg

Question Wild weeds for your tortoise pdf file

So I have made a start on the WILD WEEDS FOR YOUR TORTOISE PDF FILE for us on the move, the idea behind this is to have this on your mobile and can relate to it at anytime.

I am not able to load this up on photobucket .... so if anyone can help??

If anyone is interested in testing this and providing feedback to me before I go any further, drope me a line and I will email you a copy

thanks Ian

Last edited by vwcranky; 23-08-2012 at 11:39 PM.
vwcranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I think Photobucket is a photo hosting site rather than documents, Google does documents if you have a gmail account. I'm not sure exaCTLY WHAT YOU ARE TRYIng to do. www.thetortoisetable.org.uk gives info on safe weeds
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
burnt toast
Adult

I think this poster is trying to help people out by creating a portable version of the tortoise table, Alan. I think its a great idea.

I used a small pocket book which I had gone through & put a cross through non edible items. This was good because it was handy & you could check plants there & then prior to that I used to take printed A4 pictures/descriptions with me loose in a carrier bag - they would usually fly away whilst I compared them!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

..Good idea
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Taszia
Hatchling

There already is a PDF book for your phone of the tortoise table edible plant list . A few of us have had it on our phones for months if this helps at all ?

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Taszia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
suttysue
Sub Adult

Great idea I always worry that I'm picking the wrong weeds so to have a list on my phone would be great.
sue
suttysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
vwcranky
Egg

Default first draft done

I have completed the first draft, need a few people to check this over, have done it myself and found a few that needed to be removed.

need a fresh pair of eyes to go over it. So if you would like to help send me your email address please.

NB
I don't think I have enough wild common plants, any suggestion would be great.

as an after thought, if this was sent to anyone I could ask that they participate by sending a new weed to be added, then produce an update once a mth for everyone... what your thoughts on this... is it to much to ask???
Old 26-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
vwcranky
Egg

I have my first person to view and comment on it thanks

put i would like more people to do the same .. so still looking for volunteers
Old 26-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
Lisamn
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcranky View Post
I have completed the first draft, need a few people to check this over, have done it myself and found a few that needed to be removed.

need a fresh pair of eyes to go over it. So if you would like to help send me your email address please.

NB
I don't think I have enough wild common plants, any suggestion would be great.

as an after thought, if this was sent to anyone I could ask that they participate by sending a new weed to be added, then produce an update once a mth for everyone... what your thoughts on this... is it to much to ask???
I can send you a list of wild flowers etc that are suitable food if you'd like and you can add them to your publication (I've just been through my Collins Complete Guide to wild flowers and highlighted all edibles after checking with the Tortoise Table, so I have loads). You'll have to send me your email address though. Are you going to include images?
Lisamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
vwcranky
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamn View Post
I can send you a list of wild flowers etc that are suitable food if you'd like and you can add them to your publication (I've just been through my Collins Complete Guide to wild flowers and highlighted all edibles after checking with the Tortoise Table, so I have loads). You'll have to send me your email address though. Are you going to include images?
Yep, I have images on the PDF, if you like I will send you the file and you can check with what you have?
just need you email address to send it to you..
I currently have this loaded on my samsung 3 and is working great