Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 20-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #21
tabact
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric&amy View Post
Thanks Tabact. I myself have been streaming torts online for about 2 years off and on. I first started with earthcam and actually won a reward on there for top 20 cams during the month of september 2009. I then deleted that page and went to ustream, I still have that page but I do not use it hardly at all anymore. I do highly appreciate your information you've shared because I have been wanting to view my torts on my iphone and when i put in the URL you gave I was able to see your cam. This helps a lot, again thanks.....I will be using Yawcam!
Thanks, the one disadvantage of this type of software is that you need a windows pc running to broadcast. I'll get an IP camera with built in webserver eventually so there is no need for a pc. I'll get round to resarching the cameras available eventually. The big disadvantage in the UK is the limited bandwidth available on a lot of internet packages if you wanted to stream all the time. I have browsed the ustream site and they do an app according to their site.

Tom
tabact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #22
eric&amy
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to eric&amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabact View Post
Thanks, the one disadvantage of this type of software is that you need a windows pc running to broadcast. I'll get an IP camera with built in webserver eventually so there is no need for a pc. I'll get round to resarching the cameras available eventually. The big disadvantage in the UK is the limited bandwidth available on a lot of internet packages if you wanted to stream all the time. I have browsed the ustream site and they do an app according to their site.

Tom
I installed that app a while back thinking that it allowed me to view and watch ustream videos but in reality it only let me broadcast live from my phone. Bummer I thought

We're moving slower then molasses on a warm day

See our 3 live at "The Box"
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/three-torts-in-a-box
eric&amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #23
tabact
Egg

To Eric & Amy,

I was replying to your post about your IP address when I got logged out and now it seems to have disappeared, weird. You can find out your external address here http://whatismyipaddress.com Windows Encoder only shows you your internal IP address. You have to make sure port 8080 is open on your router if you use the default settings and you can only view in Media Player unless you have a website you can embed the link in.

Tom
Old 20-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #24
eric&amy
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to eric&amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabact View Post
To Eric & Amy,

I was replying to your post about your IP address when I got logged out and now it seems to have disappeared, weird. You can find out your external address here http://whatismyipaddress.com Windows Encoder only shows you your internal IP address. You have to make sure port 8080 is open on your router if you use the default settings and you can only view in Media Player unless you have a website you can embed the link in.

Tom
Actually I don't use a router, I tether my iphone in to the computer and use the unlimited data that I pay for. LOL So I doubt it can work. Thanks though, now I know my IP address HAHAHAH

We're moving slower then molasses on a warm day

See our 3 live at "The Box"
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/three-torts-in-a-box
eric&amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #25
rosshan
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybrock View Post
Something like this may work:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-Wireless...item2a080f76f4

Not sure on the setup of this though,need the IT crowd to advise
I have one of those. But it proved usless for me. 2 reasons.

1, the bright light from the basking bulb makes it impossible that area.

2, As i cant use my work pc to view it (damn IT) i downloaded the iphone app. But it need wifi to get the stream working, and i dont have that at work.

Ross.

1.0.1 Horsfield Torts - Eddie & Google
rosshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #26
tabact
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosshan View Post
I have one of those. But it proved usless for me. 2 reasons.

1, the bright light from the basking bulb makes it impossible that area.

2, As i cant use my work pc to view it (damn IT) i downloaded the iphone app. But it need wifi to get the stream working, and i dont have that at work.
See if the camera has an adjustable shutter rate for bright light. I've been using an ancient Creative webcam to play around with and I have to keep the shutter rate low or once the sun comes out forget it. I've got a Logitech cam as well and it is useless in bright light. If you can't see it at work and you have web access change the port your streaming on to 80. Most of the cameras use other ports as a lot of ISPs block port 80 by default and most company firewalls block non standard ports. Check this stream at work and see if you can see it. http://94.193.105.216 I'll leave it running between 9 & 5.

Tom