Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 03-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
newforestmum
Hatchling

Default Redfoot outdoor enclosure

during the summer holidays we are looking to build an outdoor enclosure for our two baby redfoots ready for them to move into when they are big enough. we want to build something that they can live in happily all year.

what would be a good size to build the enlosure so that it would last them through to adulthood. Also what size house/indoor accomodation would be suitable for them to live in all year round. hubby is a carpenter and will build me what ever I want. knowing tom it will be the grandest tortoise house as he is a real perfectionist.

Okay you will need a good imagination because here is a picture showing a piece of garden that we may use for the redfoots. it is the patch to the side of and behind the greenhouse but as you can see it needs quite alot of work if it is big enough to convert. the greenhouse was where the yellow bucket was so that bit is 6' x 8'. then there is the piece that runs along the fence which is about 4' by 16'. the greenhouse is being moved to elsewhere in the garden. to the right of the greenhouse is our house which is south facing
newforestmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
vivp
Hatched

lol he totally sounds like my husband, he is also a carpenter and has made me this outside encloseure, its to good to be out the garden in the rain, looks like something that should be indoors, he spent ages making sure it was all level, even vanished to pretect it from the rain, makes me laugh when i see him outside doing it, home my torts like it.
vivp is offline   Reply With Quote