Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Feedback/Suggestions/Problems

Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
BrettJHillson
Egg

Default Tapatalk

Ive downloaded the Tapatalk app on my Iphone, its a app that groups all your forums together, is there any plans to enable this on Shelled Warriors

Thx
Brett
BrettJHillson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Lowe
Administrator
Juvenile

Not really - it's a paid for app, and I don't like the nagging messages it pops up if you haven't got it and use an iPod/Phone/Pad to browse the forums.
______ ____ __ _ __ _ / __/ / ___ / / /___ ___/ / | | /| / /___ _________(_)___ _______ _\ \/ _ | -_) / // -_) _ / | |/ |/ // _ `/ __/ __/ // _ \/ __(_-< /___/_//_|__/_/_/ \__/\_,_/ |__/|__/ \_,_/_/ /_/ /_/ \___/_/ /___/ Shelled Warriors Shop - for all your reptile needs!
Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I wonder who thinks up these App things and why

I have this thing called favourites and if I'm on SW and I want to go to Flickr for example, I click the favourites then the Flickr link and I'm there before you can say wow that was fast

* on some browsers they call it bookmarks instead of favourites, no idea why cos it aint a book
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Jusbat
Egg

Send a message via MSN to Jusbat Send a message via Yahoo to Jusbat
Talking

I was just about to start a thread on this. I hate looking at forums on my phone, forums are not designed for mobile browsers. Tapatalk is an app that lets you view forums on your Iphone/Blackberry/Android/Nokia and Windows 7 phone. It would be a lot faster and easier than bookmarking Shelled Warriors on the Iphone Safari app (which is what I do now), and having to zoom in to click one link and zoom out to read threads.

From what I understand it's as simple as an administrator registering on the Tapatalk site (Tapatalk.com) and installing a plugin for the forum. Then any users can view the forum on their smartphones a lot easier.

I would like to second the motion for Tapatalk support on Shelled Warriors!!

2x Horsfield tortoises -> Hetfield and Dexter
2x Yellow Bellied Sliders -> Decker and Ariel
2x Cats -> Mitzi and Molly
Jusbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
Lowe
Administrator
Juvenile

Sorry, it's not going to happen any time soon.

The app itself isn't free and that's something which I distinctly dislike given that the plug in nags you constantly if you don't actually have it. I also distinctly disagree about viewing forums being a chore on a smartphone. Both Sarah and I read (and mod) the forum on iPhones and iPads, and we don't have issues with the standard browser.
______ ____ __ _ __ _ / __/ / ___ / / /___ ___/ / | | /| / /___ _________(_)___ _______ _\ \/ _ | -_) / // -_) _ / | |/ |/ // _ `/ __/ __/ // _ \/ __(_-< /___/_//_|__/_/_/ \__/\_,_/ |__/|__/ \_,_/_/ /_/ /_/ \___/_/ /___/ Shelled Warriors Shop - for all your reptile needs!
Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote