Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 20-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #161
chris_walton
Sub Adult

ann i dont think you have upset anybody i know i just wanted you to try and see it from a differet angle

another thought if hamm is like a gloryfied pet shop whats the internet then surly its worse a hyperpet shop even lol

chris_walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #162
Pussygalore
Adult

I wouldn't buy livestock from there either, well i did get some plants and I suppose they're alive
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #163
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

Anne, I have to say. I feel the same way as you. I've never been to one of these festival so I don't know first hand what it is like, but I worry much to much as it is about my little shelled friend and seeing them little animals in them little boxes, I know I'd cry my eyes out.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #164
Pussygalore
Adult

I'm just a sentimental old fool I cry during animal films even cartoons and some adverts although I've seen them before, I read every animal book that was around as a child I still have them they are old freinds and are still lovingly read ,I don't like auctions especially horse ones I couldn't sell anything that way thats probably why we've got so many and luckily hubby is the same, it doesn't matter to me what it is if its alive it has feelings and I'd hate to be taken away from my home, put in a container, have lots of strange people looking at me, sorry but thats just the way I feel and was brought up, maybe a few more children should be brought up that way, it taught me love and respect for everything around me.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #165
chris_walton
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME SHELL
Anne, I have to say. I feel the same way as you. I've never been to one of these festival so I don't know first hand what it is like, but I worry much to much as it is about my little shelled friend and seeing them little animals in them little boxes, I know I'd cry my eyes out.
this reminds me of me the very first time i went to the poulty auction i was absolutly mortified not at the fact the animals were being cruely treated cos they wernt just the fact there were meat dealers at a pet auction and i wanted to save everyone from there fate but you soon realise after attending a few it just cant be done doesnt matter how much you try you cant help or save them all you just have to do the best you can at that time and belive me i really do try to the point where i buy things just to be able to give them away to someone i know who can give them a better life (dont worry guys i have all your names down for rehoming chickens to no one will be left out your all on my list lol)

think what im trying to say is this is the norm for some people and not others and it does sometimes make you think which group or side do you belong to and if you try it once and it works out for the best whats wrong with giving it another go and maybe changing your mind on it this doesnt mean your converted to there way of thinking it just means your doing what you think is right at the time

its like that saying i think when you were little and you wouldnt eat cabbage
how do you know you dont like it if you havent tried it

Old 20-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #166
swad1000
Adult

I've never been to a dog fighting event, but I'm sure I won't like it if I did.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #167
chris_walton
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by swad1000
I've never been to a dog fighting event, but I'm sure I won't like it if I did.
you know what i mean without taking it out of context lol

Old 20-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #168
swad1000
Adult

Yes I do, was just merely trying to illustrate if you feel strongly about something, you aren't going to like it no matter what.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #169
kimmerz
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kimmerz Send a message via Yahoo to kimmerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore
I'm just a sentimental old fool I cry during animal films even cartoons and some adverts although I've seen them before, I read every animal book that was around as a child I still have them they are old freinds and are still lovingly read ,I don't like auctions especially horse ones I couldn't sell anything that way thats probably why we've got so many and luckily hubby is the same, it doesn't matter to me what it is if its alive it has feelings and I'd hate to be taken away from my home, put in a container, have lots of strange people looking at me, sorry but thats just the way I feel and was brought up, maybe a few more children should be brought up that way, it taught me love and respect for everything around me.
you've got a heart of gold Ann, you really do.I'm the same to be honest i cry at animal films and things like thhe RSPCA programmes I cry myself to sleep if I see a cute animal having to be put to sleep. I guess I'd like to see this for myself and make my mind up properly in person, you don't really no what your going to think untill your actually there.

7 hermanns-Paris, Turbo, Pumba, Dave, Izzy, Miami and Zippy.
2 reds- Tommy and Elliot
kimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote