Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 29-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #41
emma_mcraf
Adult

I'm the same and don't do social media but yes, that six degrees of separation is so true. Scarily so at times!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #42
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
how fantastic !!!! and omg he is bull whippet ! amazing. I would find out what he favours ie I have a terrier but he is half Border Collie , he looks like a terrier and it was only when he kept nipping the back of my ankles I found out he was half border collie (spent his life in a cider barrel at his former owners - don't even think about it Gordon !), and his nipping is how border collie's move the ship..in back of ankles too !! ooh it hurt, anyway I channelled this into teaching him how to behave as a border collie and it did the trick. I have had dogs all my life but he is the reason I took my qualification as a dog behaviourist as I could not work him out. Commands need to be hands with him not voice. Dogs are amazing. Also the SSPCA - Brilliant ! more weight than the RSPCA , they are the heavy weights of reducing and detecting animal cruelty. What a story Rocco has ! Whippet X .X ..!
Yes it is great to know the mix as it will help understand his body shape (thin back end for a Rottweiler but not if there is whippet in there), and yes great to know he did come from a happy home! But you get evidence of that in his training and good nature!

SSPCA are good, yes their vets frustrated me in the last few months but, their staff are so dedicated and have to work hard with the amount of farmed puppies coming in through the Scottish ports. Easy to forget that RSPCA do not operate north of the border!

I am looking forward to the summer, I think I have a good pub dog on my hands!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #43
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
that's really nice of you to say! It is weird when you look back on your life. ie why do we al love tortoises so much and can chat about them so much also and the links it brings. just like Rocco.

I don't do facebook and twitter etc but there is a simple connection by that 6 degrees isn't there even if you don't do social media. CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I'm the same and don't do social media but yes, that six degrees of separation is so true. Scarily so at times!
Yes I agree its an amazingly small world, I never expected just giving SSPCA an update and them posting it on FB would result o us finding out Rocco's history!

(I don't understand Twitter but do use FB a lot)
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #44
Jan W
Sub Adult

Enjoying the on going story.
Thank you
Old 26-02-2017, 12:58 AM   #45
Catwoman63
Adult

Oh Merlin, well done for taking on a rescue, and I really believe that getting another dog helps to heal the pain of loss of buzz. I got my Hazel 3 weeks after my jazz died as the pain in my heart wouldn't go, Hazel helped me to heal.

He is very lovely Merlin

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote