Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Caresheets/Links/Books

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #31
helen1
Sub Adult

"Dirt"?? surely people who have nothing to hide would not be damaged in any way by this?

To be honest I dont blame anyone wanting to rehome a tortoise to a genuine person, getting info from where they can...as often home visits are just not possible...

As to whether they are more effective....I suppose that could be used as an arguement for or against..
I have joined both groups...most recently the TT... as I prefer to see the good in everyone...and keep away from the bitching that goes on.

If someone thought I wasnt good enough to rehome to...then so be it...that is only their opinion...plenty of tortoises for sale out there I guess...if I was desperate that is what I would do....

Heres to both the BCG and the TT
Old 16-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

I value the BCG and appreciate their help. The people I have come across have been very friendly, I love their Newsletters and care sheets. Keep up the good work.

Wendy
Old 12-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #33
tortoise_dude
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1 View Post
"Dirt"?? surely people who have nothing to hide would not be damaged in any way by this?

To be honest I dont blame anyone wanting to rehome a tortoise to a genuine person, getting info from where they can...as often home visits are just not possible...

As to whether they are more effective....I suppose that could be used as an arguement for or against..
I have joined both groups...most recently the TT... as I prefer to see the good in everyone...and keep away from the bitching that goes on.

If someone thought I wasnt good enough to rehome to...then so be it...that is only their opinion...plenty of tortoises for sale out there I guess...if I was desperate that is what I would do....

Heres to both the BCG and the TT
It wasn't actually me who was treated like this- The thing that annoyed me was that what the member in question spoke of had naff all to do with their tort-keeping ability, merely their opinion of a certain person.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
helen1
Sub Adult

As I said before Josh....so be it...it is the nature of what we are..

I have to admit that if I was letting a tortoise go to someone else......human nature would make me feel less inclined to rehome to them if I didnt like them or something about them..it is the beast that we are..

No one is perfect and it is very hard to be detached...let it roll over you and move on...and let this person....deal with their disappointment....as I also said before...if this person really really wants something they will get it one way or another...if not well somethings are not meant to be....
Old 12-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #35
Dawn Fletcher
Banned
Sub Adult

Your post above makes alot of sense Helen, I had a phone call yesterday from a lady wanting one of mine thinking that I rehomed tortoise out to others........she told me how she was prepared to quarantine one of my torts in a tank until they got to recognise each other and that she wasn't bothered about species as long as it was female like her other tort.
When I eventually got around to telling her I don't actually have any torts, after explaining about torts not living in fish tanks and proper quarantine and cross contaminatin from one species to another.....she was really rude and after telling me in not so many words that I had wasted her time on the phone she hung up!!!
Obviously not likely to ring her back!!
She was all nicey nicey whilst she thought she was getting a freebie....but as soon as she realised she wasn't she turned all jekkle and hyde!!

Dawn
Old 21-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #36
jayne2942
Hatchling

i have been to one of the BCG pre hibernation weight check at cannon hill park Birmingham when i first had my tort they gave me lots of great advice,reall enjoyed visit.
pond fish
4 baby horsfield hatchlings
Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #37
jeff
Sub Adult

How many member has the BCG got
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #38
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
How many member has the BCG got
Approx 1700
Old 19-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #39
EquestrianBabe
Adult

Send a message via MSN to EquestrianBabe

It sounds brill, will have to make an account! You pay to join? That's OK, mum can pay, if I get her permission.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #40
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

The BCG thread has been split and the controvery can be found here. http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=34332

Danny