Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #21
2me2u
Incubating

i looked after a dog, goat, chickens, cat when i was 14 and the goat did need a lot of looking after....

not ALL 14 year olds are the same, they are different and taylor IS different
Old 11-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #22
TANK
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to TANK

im 13 and i look after my pets fine

1.0.2 -Testdu graeca ibera-Tank,Clover,Peach!
1.1.0-dogs-Ben,Molly
3.1.0- Lavender Bantum Chickens (:
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #23
2me2u
Incubating

see, it does not matter what age you are you can look after an animal....
Old 11-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #24
niamherrity
Adult

Poppy we would have only been to glad to report him to the rspca but with no address there is little point
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #25
poppy
Egg

As I understand the situation, people on this forum have been to see the tortoises in question...
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #26
pawsplus
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2me2u
see, it does not matter what age you are you can look after an animal....
You CAN, but not all DO.

Fact is that legally, at least in the U.S., kids cannot own property or be held accountable for their actions to much of a degree anyway. It's the PARENTS' responsibility, ultimately, to care for pets in the parents' household. Kids should not be put in the position of having to be responsible for 100% of an animal's care -- that's unfair to the kid, but more to the point, to the animal.

I agree that kids can and should, once they are old enough, contribute financially to the care of pets, and be expected to educate themselves and participate in decisions about pets' care and husbandry. BUT the parent MUST be there as a fallback, and ultimately, any pet is truly the property and responsibility of the parent, as an adult.

That's where the real problem is here -- the parents in this case apparently don't care a BIT. It's unfair to the child and the animals in question, and we should not judge a child for being unable to buck his parents. It's the parents who need to be hauled off by the RSPCA.

The whole situation is sad, but IMHO it does not reflect on the ability of kids to care for animals either way. It's not their JOB to do it, even though we certainly will think well of a kid who goes the extra mile. This is why no animal should EVER be added to a family unless 100% of the family members are committed to the welfare of said animal, most especially the ADULT members.
pawsplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
niamherrity
Adult

No poppy he wouldnt allow them to see the torts they met him at a cafe. Can i say as well what debs and sarah did was unbelieveable.
We have all given this guy advice and he himself has givin advice it was too late for these tortoise and it will be too late for the other ones to. This is the second tortoise to die
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #28
2me2u
Incubating

this is unbelievable, would you let someone you just met off the net come into your house weather or not they were a mod/admin on a forum???
I have had some very bad experience in that and i can tell you that it was not a nice thing to go through and i still am going through it. Taylor find it hard to trust someone, yes he met sarah and deb and yes he actually went out to ask for help, when i convinced him that it was the right thing to do. Yes taylor can something not want to hear what people say, no he did not just let that tortoise die. He did everything he could, in the end he actually told me he was going to give jerry to deb or sarah. Now tell me if i am wrong, but he is starting to become a good keeper, by saying that he does realise what that tortoise needed. It was just lifes little plan for that tortoise that she had to end that way.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #29
Cheffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2me2u
this is unbelievable, would you let someone you just met off the net come into your house weather or not they were a mod/admin on a forum???
I have had some very bad experience in that and i can tell you that it was not a nice thing to go through and i still am going through it. Taylor find it hard to trust someone, yes he met sarah and deb and yes he actually went out to ask for help, when i convinced him that it was the right thing to do. Yes taylor can something not want to hear what people say, no he did not just let that tortoise die. He did everything he could, in the end he actually told me he was going to give jerry to deb or sarah. Now tell me if i am wrong, but he is starting to become a good keeper, by saying that he does realise what that tortoise needed. It was just lifes little plan for that tortoise that she had to end that way.
Perhaps you should take Taylors stance then and not meet people from the internet, I mean who do you trust who do you believe? What makes you think that you know Taylor any better than the members who have been conversing with him for a year? You do not know him, he is clever, he tells you what he wants you to know. He had NO intention of giving Jerry to either Sarah or Deb, that is a lie. I see you trying for the sympathy vote here. Too little too late. Being older you should know better. The deeds been done now drop it. If you are pleading for forgiveness for Taylor I fear you are fighting a losing battle.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
2me2u
Incubating

Quote:
Perhaps you should take Taylors stance then and not meet people from the internet, I mean who do you trust who do you believe? What makes you think that you know Taylor any better than the members who have been conversing with him for a year? You do not know him, he is clever, he tells you what he wants you to know. He had NO intention of giving Jerry to either Sarah or Deb, that is a lie. I see you trying for the sympathy vote here. Too little too late. Being older you should know better. The deeds been done now drop it. If you are pleading for forgiveness for Taylor I fear you are fighting a losing battle.
i have know taylor for quiet some time met him and he is in fact coming to my home since first meeting him, and i have seen him in another life (believe it or not)

and i am dropping it when i said i was sorry in the other post.[/quote]