Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #41
TANK
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to TANK

fantastic news

the diabetes will go soon

my brothers had diabetes since just after he's 2nd birthday he's now nearly 18 < he has to cope (like many other people) with it for the rest of his life you only have it for 9mths

good news about the baby

x x x

1.0.2 -Testdu graeca ibera-Tank,Clover,Peach!
1.1.0-dogs-Ben,Molly
3.1.0- Lavender Bantum Chickens (:
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #42
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHermioneRonGinny
Hi, I dont think I have spoken to you before, Is this your first baby... how many weeks are you what is your EDD?

I have two beautiful children (3.5yrs & 18months) and however hard is seems now it only gets worse trust me ..... BUT.... they are the best thing that has ever happened to me (apart from hubby of course! )

When you hold that little bundle in your arms for the first time there is nothing else like it in the whole world, your heart melts and the world becomes a whole different place.

Words cannot tell you how it will be, I am so happy for you.

My two pieces of advice are... Get lots of sleep now....(that is your not running to the loo every 10 mins) and do what YOU think is best everyone has advice... but you are baby's mother and you will know baby better than anyone....
Hiya I am 29 weeks now, due on the 23rd June. Yes is my first child.

I work in a special needs school and used to be a room supervisior in a nursery and my degree is in child care, so have lots of experience but i guess its nothing like having your own.

I wish i could have lots of sleep i'm up every two hours wanting a wee.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #43
mandy
Incubating

hang in there sarah not long left
ill tell ya pregnancy can really suck at time (talking from experiance here lol)
i had to have the glucose test done with last baby (they thought my cysts were caused by diabeties....i wish) all was well though
im sorry your having such a rough time first time round but believe me when you hold your beutiful baby for the first time you forget all the bad that came with the pregnancy
im at the stage now where braxton hicks are pretty painful and hoping to myself 'is this it'' i got just over 5 weeks left and can pop anytime so im a busy bee washing and sorting baby stuff.....oh fun like i aint got enough allready lol
got any names picked yet?
take care

edited to add about regular weeing
DONT YOU JUST HATE THAT ive tried cutting drinks right out in evenings and still needing to pee every couple of hours
docs all say get some rest........hello fit a catheter and i could
mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #44
brighteyes
Hatched

glad everything is plodding along ok. My first pregnancy i loved, the second one was SO uncomfortable.
By the time I was the equivalent to 29 weeks my daughter was 8 days old and doing ok considering. Try to enjoy your time being pregnant, i guarantee that when its over you'll wish you'd enjoyed it more!
lots of rest is good but a little bit of gentle stretching or walking is good too, there is nothing like stiff joints to make you feel bad.

Cant wait to see pics when the little one "hatches"

Paula

PS - remember - the cot DOES NOT need a uv lamp
Old 13-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #45
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy
hang in there sarah not long left
ill tell ya pregnancy can really suck at time (talking from experiance here lol)
i had to have the glucose test done with last baby (they thought my cysts were caused by diabeties....i wish) all was well though
im sorry your having such a rough time first time round but believe me when you hold your beutiful baby for the first time you forget all the bad that came with the pregnancy
im at the stage now where braxton hicks are pretty painful and hoping to myself 'is this it'' i got just over 5 weeks left and can pop anytime so im a busy bee washing and sorting baby stuff.....oh fun like i aint got enough allready lol
got any names picked yet?
take care

edited to add about regular weeing
DONT YOU JUST HATE THAT ive tried cutting drinks right out in evenings and still needing to pee every couple of hours
docs all say get some rest........hello fit a catheter and i could
Thanks Mandy, wow only 5 weeks left i bet you cannot wait.
Yes only girls names Ellie or Ella, we need to think of boys names.
Hope you have a lovely birth.

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 13-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #46
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Thanks Paula

PS - remember - the cot DOES NOT need a uv lamp [/quote]

lol how funny.

TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 13-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #47
KearasNana
Sub Adult

Sara both of those names are lovely, and that may be a sign! During my pregnancy with Keara we agreed on that name very early on and couldnt decide on a boys name at all! And as it turned out we didnt need to

Have you looked up the chinese gender calender? Its just a bit of fun, but it calculates your age at conception and the month your baby is due and tells you its gender. It worked for me it said I would have a little girl!
Old 13-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #48
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Thanks. Yes have looked at those and they said a girl.

TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 14-04-2007, 03:10 AM   #49
Bertie1974
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to Bertie1974

There is an old wives tale that says you can tell the sex of a baby by the position in which the baby is carried i.e if the baby bump is being carried all up front and you don't look pregnant from the back, then the baby will be a boy. If the baby bump is being carried across the middle and around the sides, noticable from the back - then it is a girl. Don't know if it is true or not but a bit of fun guessing
You should post some pictures of your baby bump and we could guess

All the best babe

Sam xx

Bertie1974 is offline   Reply With Quote