Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #311
Gordon
Adult

Thank you all sorry I have only just got back to you but I was feeling a little bit poorly.

Well not trying to brag but just recovered from my second round of sepsis and that was the worst I have ever felt and even though I'm just home my internal organs and stomach just feel horrible due to the amount of intravenous antibiotics they gave me which consisted of a cocktail of three.

So although scans showed no signs of any pockets of infection the one side of the wound is so painful I have a feeling it will do the same as it did last time and turn into an abscess in about three weeks so let's wait and see hopefully I'm wrong because I know I have said it before but I really have had enough now to the point and I'm not ashamed to admit it my doctors have me on anti depressants and sleeping pills as I'm struggling now.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #312
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Thank you all sorry I have only just got back to you but I was feeling a little bit poorly.

Well not trying to brag but just recovered from my second round of sepsis and that was the worst I have ever felt and even though I'm just home my internal organs and stomach just feel horrible due to the amount of intravenous antibiotics they gave me which consisted of a cocktail of three.

So although scans showed no signs of any pockets of infection the one side of the wound is so painful I have a feeling it will do the same as it did last time and turn into an abscess in about three weeks so let's wait and see hopefully I'm wrong because I know I have said it before but I really have had enough now to the point and I'm not ashamed to admit it my doctors have me on anti depressants and sleeping pills as I'm struggling now.
Oh Gordon, that’s awful, you poor chap. You’ve put up with more than anyone should ever have to. I’m not surprised you’re on anti depressants, there’s no shame in that. It must be hard for you to see an end to it, but it will, and you will get better. Xx remember we are all here thinking of you, so when you feel down , think of us mad lot and all the funny, ridiculous, threads we’ve had on here, and there will be more to come, I’m sure. Xxxx

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012

Last edited by Suze65; 10-10-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #313
tortydat
Sub Adult

Showing off again - sepsis twice I don't know what we're going to do with you!!! Just rest up and get those girls waiting on you. Are you up to eating anything yet or does it all taste yuckie still? Let's hope your Pancake eggs come up trumps so you have something to cheer you up and catch up with you soon. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #314
emma_mcraf
Adult

Really glad to read you’re on sleeping tablets and the anti depressants. As Suze says, no shame in that whatsoever. If it helps you to get some much-needed sleep, it will also help your body to heal more effectively. Sleep cures so much, plus gives us a rest from the pain, worry, etc.
You’ve had a really tough year and it’s inevitable you’re going to feel pessimistic about the one side of the wound, but I really hope that won’t be the case.

Rest up! Get better soon and, as Suze says, us lot on here are always thinking of you and here to offer support whenever you need it. It’s okay to not be okay.

Really hope you recover smoothly from the sepsis. Must be good to be home. Look after yourself. xx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #315
Suze65
Adult

How are you Gordon , hope your improving.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #316
Gordon
Adult

Falling apart at the seams. Went to see doctor this morning as had a large hole appear in the wound on Saturday and the smell was horrendous so she took one look and well I cant repeat the actual words but to the effect of omg.
So she has referred me back to John Radcliffe which is where we have been all afternoon waiting to see my surgeon but he was in theatre all afternoon so hopefully will get to see him tomorrow and see what he comes up with.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #317
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Falling apart at the seams. Went to see doctor this morning as had a large hole appear in the wound on Saturday and the smell was horrendous so she took one look and well I cant repeat the actual words but to the effect of omg.
So she has referred me back to John Radcliffe which is where we have been all afternoon waiting to see my surgeon but he was in theatre all afternoon so hopefully will get to see him tomorrow and see what he comes up with.
This is just beyond words. It must have drained every last ounce of you and your family, Gordon.
You have my utmost respect for keeping on and I know you've no choice but nevertheless, you have been put through the mill and then some.
I know it takes a fair few weeks for anti-depressants to kick in, so bear with it the best you can, swear as loudly as you like because I can verify it makes you feel a little bit better if only for a second or two, and take all the hugs you can get from your lovely family.
Thinking of you all. Take care x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 14-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #318
CherryBrandy
Adult

thinking of you Gordon,, hope it went ok today. what a horrendous time. You are going to be one big case study for all those new doctors coming in. will send some Guardian angel vibes to you tonight x
Old 15-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #319
Yvonne G
Hatched

. . . and I know getting all those antibiotics is no fun either. When I had an attack of diverticulitis, they gave me an intravenous cocktail of antibiotics and that made me feel sicker than the diverticulitis. I can't imagine what you're going through, I can only say you're my hero. I hope you get well soon.
Old 15-10-2019, 07:21 PM   #320
emma_mcraf
Adult

Hope you got to see your surgeon today, Gordon. Nothing worse than waiting and getting nowhere. x