Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 31-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #21
Lilacarchie
Incubating

Hi Stells,

Are you referring to AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS or another breed of BULL terrier

You intimate that you know a number of American Pit Bull Terriers, and I assume that you mean, at present...They are actually a banned breed in this country and have been since 1991, so the owner may well be harbouring illegal breeds/

I can only assume that you are referring to some American Pit Bull Cross

I must clarify that AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS were bred for killing feral animals in the US and for Bull baiting. You Tube isn't really the best place to substantiate your argument

I don't think that we will agree on this matter, lets hope that neither of us experience a terrifying dog attack.

Each to their own view.
Lilacarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #22
DAISY
Adult

Any dog has the potentiol to bite. One of my labs was once attacked by a tiny yorkie and sufferd some nasty bites. Laughable I know but if it had of been the other way round I would have probably been sued or something.
In my experience I have seen tiny yappie dogs do more harm than these "dangerous" breeds and any dog big or small can turn.
And yes I have known and know AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIERS banned or not. The only time I think I have felt intimidated is when these type of dogs (staffes etc )are owned by stupid kids hanging round the streets who see them as a status symbol.
American Pit Bull Terriers where not bred to harm humans, the opposite infact. Bad breeding lines have alot to be accounted for with this breed And any responsible dog owner should know what any dog is capable of. Just look at their teeth for goodness sake.
Inccidently the only dog I have ever been bitten by was a cocker spaniel.

Rach

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #23
2me2u
Incubating

i wish they would stop dog fighting, its upsetting to know that these dogs are going through hell just for a few peoples joys
Old 31-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #24
dizzywend
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to dizzywend

I agree Kells!

i also think that any dog, under the wrong handling has the potential to be a threat, be it large or small!

Wendy
dizzywend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
TortMad
Adult

I believe there is NO bad dog or NO bad breed just BAD owners

Any breed of dog has the potential of a visious and savage attack and in the hands of a responsible owner who has gone to the trouble of training and socailising their dogs from puppies will hopefuly never show aggresion.

When a dog attacks the owner is never questioned by the media as to what have you done to this poor animal, you just see a pic of the breed snarling you never see a pic of the snarling owner.

In my town we have problems with certain members of society who cant get their hands on or is affraid to be seen with an APBT, use and train Staffies for the same purposes. They train them for aggression as a visious dog is seen as a status symbol in these circles and yes for dog fighting. When the poor dog has served its purpose it is then thrown in the canal to drown. These people are the animals not the inocent dog, as in the right hands they are loving and caring pets.

Dog Fighting is barbaric.

Incidently I have a Jack Russel and he has been attacked by other dogs who was with their owners and whos owners was not in controll of their dogs then they have the nerve to say to me. That dog should be on a lead, its a Jack Russel after all. (certain words omited from what they actually say to me )

2.1.0 testudo horsfeldii
0.2.0 testudo graeca ibera
2.0.0 geochelone pardalis babcocki

http://www.thehenshouse.co.uk/
TortMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #26
helen1
Sub Adult

The will they wont they arguement is irrelevant really. It is down to can they, and yes just look at the strength and the jaws on these guys, children who have fallen prey to them do not stand a chance. They must remain banned as we cannot be assured that if they were not that they would all have responsible owners, can we? My dad once said to a man and a dog, who had said to my dad "it wont bite you" how do you know has it told you?"
Old 31-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #27
DAISY
Adult

Thats so funny about your dad Helen

Rach.

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #28
Lilacarchie
Incubating

With you on this one Helen..."No bad dog, just bad owners" - Mad sentimentality.

( From a loving dog owner)
Old 31-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #29
helen1
Sub Adult

What is BSL?
Old 31-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #30
Lilacarchie
Incubating

Again..BSL???