Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 09-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Sally_liz
Incubating

My two are both males, I have been flashed far too many times for them to be anything else. I personally wouldn't add a tortoise with another through my experiance but there are many people here who do have tortoises together with no problem. I think getting one of a similar age is a good idea, as sandy said, my have a large age gap, and the previous owner didn't know much about toroises so they weren't treated well before I got them, but as jahred said, make sure you have a back up home just incase they don't get along. I spent an absolute fortune having to panic buy a second house, food bowl, water bowl etc.
Sally_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #12
Valerie
Hatched

What about mixing species? I saw a lovely marginated one for sale at the weekend. if my husband hadnt been there I would have bought it.
5 fish
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
Valerie
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
There also is no such thing as a dwarf hermans. This causes lots of confusion if the right speices name is not used They are hermanni hermanni.
I don't know why keep saying that. Why not just agree that a Testudo Hermanni Hermanni can be called a Dwarf Hermann?
5 fish
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
anna m
Adult

I have 2 Hermanns but they are both different sub species. They are about the same size. They get on after a fashion. If one of them is silly I seperate them. mostly they get on but I have to keep an eye on it. I will seperate them for good if I have too. however this would not be so popular with my family who like to see them together
anna m is offline   Reply With Quote