Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > Off Topic Classifieds

Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
PAULMK
Incubating

Hehhe,try living with all my parrots,sometimes my ears ring when they all start at once.So glad you are keeping them.My wife was on facebook and someone was giving there yellow crowned amazon away because he was too noisy,the woman loved him but couldnt put up with him anymore.My wife talked to the lady and found she was local so asked her if she wanted us to give her some advice,to cut the story short,we worked with the lady and the bird is now still there and is living a much better and happy life and the lady is so grateful and now cant believe she was going to give the bird up.
PAULMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULMK View Post
Hehhe,try living with all my parrots,sometimes my ears ring when they all start at once.So glad you are keeping them.My wife was on facebook and someone was giving there yellow crowned amazon away because he was too noisy,the woman loved him but couldnt put up with him anymore.My wife talked to the lady and found she was local so asked her if she wanted us to give her some advice,to cut the story short,we worked with the lady and the bird is now still there and is living a much better and happy life and the lady is so grateful and now cant believe she was going to give the bird up.
Sounds like my house Paul. When we get all the parrots and the budgies going at once, I think the decibel levels probably exceed what would be classed as safe. But it's such a laugh sometimes. We have the Hahns squawking and the grey shouting "shut up Max" then Max shouts "what's the matter" or "what's going on", and Toby starts laughing in my voice, they can have you in stitches sometimes. We have to go into our garage to make a phone call. It's the only quiet place.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
PAULMK
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Sounds like my house Paul. When we get all the parrots and the budgies going at once, I think the decibel levels probably exceed what would be classed as safe. But it's such a laugh sometimes. We have the Hahns squawking and the grey shouting "shut up Max" then Max shouts "what's the matter" or "what's going on", and Toby starts laughing in my voice, they can have you in stitches sometimes. We have to go into our garage to make a phone call. It's the only quiet place.
I bet you wouldnt be without them,i know we couldnt. I have just taken on a blue fronted amazon who has been through a few homes because he is aggresive!!!!!!!! anyone who knows anything about parrots will already know amazons can be aggressive,well she has been here for 7days and is a darling.She has made friends with my grey Lara and is here forever whether she attacks us or not,i will put some pics on tomorrow she is stunning if a little overweight but with a new diet and stimulation she should be fine wth us.
PAULMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULMK View Post
I bet you wouldnt be without them,i know we couldnt. I have just taken on a blue fronted amazon who has been through a few homes because he is aggresive!!!!!!!! anyone who knows anything about parrots will already know amazons can be aggressive,well she has been here for 7days and is a darling.She has made friends with my grey Lara and is here forever whether she attacks us or not,i will put some pics on tomorrow she is stunning if a little overweight but with a new diet and stimulation she should be fine wth us.
I wouldn't be without any one of them. They are so much part of the family, they even have our voices or phrases we use. Max shouts what's going on or what's the matter because when our youngest daughter was little she would cry when our other 2 daughters wound her up and I always said those 2 phrases. He also shouts her name, Abigail. The house would be empty without them. People often ask how we put up with all the noise but we don't notice it, we tune it out.

I'd love an amazon, but my husband would freak out if I added any more to our menagerie, we already have 22 pets, 15 are birds.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote