Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

That is an awful story they really need to be reported in my opinion let us know what you do and any out come

Nicky
Old 03-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
aprillinda

paul

i really think you should complain and that this will be a far better thing to do

as compared to somebody buying the tortoise
Old 03-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
pmullen

they were closed today but will be open at 10 am tomorrow,
Old 03-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #14
pmullen

i put this on a local forum, alot of people know this
pet shop
link here
http://www.forumsvibe.com/reptiles/v...forum=reptiles
Old 03-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

The link just goes to a log in page
Old 03-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
pmullen

realy?
zirliz

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:58 am Post subject: Pet shops mistreatment of animals, what can be done

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a pet shop near me and it shouldn't be open he shoves pigeons in rabbit hutches, Has dead canaries in his cages (Some are flattened by others dead so long) I feel very sorry for the animals any snakes he has are thrown into corners without proper heat.
He has this lovely (I think it's a red-tailed boa) it's always so cold, so lifleless looking. He always has Macrows I never know whether the birds are wild caught or not. He mis lables everything sells Fire bellied toads as Bull frogs, Anoles as Water dragons, Knows nothing about the care of animals. Will try to sell dead newts saying they're shedding. I feel so sorry for the animals. He also sells dogs pups at times which is illegal in this country, right? Most of his fish die off due to loss of interest.
He sells products falsely advertised so one product is said to be rubbish to sell another, most fish food is out of date.
Worst of all I've spoken with other people and they've told me he pays off any cruelty groups so that's the reason he's still open.
I wish the place would be closed down it's so cruel to birds, repltiles and fish. Anyone know anything I can do....?

Reptile Community
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:15 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion
Contact the ISPCA (PM me and i'll give you the Inspectorate Supervisor email address and name)
List the shop on here so we all know.
Have you confronted the owner?
Be carefull about the cruetly groups thing with no proof could be chucked backed in your face
Sure we all agree these shops shoulds not be able to keep trading but has to be done right.
Mat
1.2.6 Leo's
1.0 Fan foot
0.2 Map Turtle's
1.1 Yellow Belly's
1.0 Tortoise
0.3 Dogs
0.0.2 Gold fish (bought for baby lol)
More on way.......

pmullen

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:02 pm Post subject:

i have the same problem, is it best to email them or ring?

the pet shop in cork has dead lizards in tanks, a tortoise in a tiny glass tank, with cockroaches and no water!!! and selling it for 700 euro

Reptile Community
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:15 pm Post subject:

pmullen wrote:
i have the same problem, is it best to email them or ring?

the pet shop in cork has dead lizards in tanks, a tortoise in a tiny glass tank, with cockroaches and no water!!! and selling it for 700 euro

Right trying phoning first,theres a link on front page of site to take you to ISPCA web site.
Although do remember what they charge is there bussiness and you dont have to buy.
If no luck let me know and i'll PM you the Inspectorate Supervisor details,right at this monent in time we are still in talks with them about the herp society,and hopefully next week we will be given a contact name,phone number and email address from Inspectorate Supervisor of someone from the ISPCA who will work close with us on all matters reptile,so hopefully can post there details soon.
Mat
1.2.6 Leo's
1.0 Fan foot
0.2 Map Turtle's
1.1 Yellow Belly's
1.0 Tortoise
0.3 Dogs
0.0.2 Gold fish (bought for baby lol)
More on way.......

pmullen

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:24 pm Post subject:

that will be brilliant!!!

i will ring them monday, i have done this before, im just wondering is it
the same leopard tortoise that i rang about 3 years ago ,
story in the rescue section

Herp16

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:49 am Post subject:

Quote:

That wouldnt happen tio be north main street pet shop would it?[/list]_________________
1 Asian water dragon/1 Leopard gecko/1 Green anole/2 Red earred slider terapins/1 Labrador-sheep dog mix and 1 Corn snake.

salmeenia

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:30 am Post subject:

hehehehe yes herp16 that WOULD be the north main street petshop. i was in there a few months back when i found a dead lizard in one of the tanks.. and the owner seemed offended when i told him it was dead... he told me it was "sleeping" so i told him i wanted to take a look at him cuz i was thinking of buying him (cool trick huh?) heheh and he took it out... and surprise surprise.... it was DEAD!

Herp16

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:44 pm Post subject:

Quote:
hehehehe yes herp16 that WOULD be the north main street petshop. i was in there a few months back when i found a dead lizard in one of the tanks.. and the owner seemed offended when i told him it was dead... he told me it was "sleeping" so i told him i wanted to take a look at him cuz i was thinking of buying him (cool trick huh?) heheh and he took it out... and surprise surprise.... it was DEAD!

Yep,its sad i got my water dragon in there and they told me that he could live in a 40 gallon his whole life.Word of advice stay away from Sullys aswell hes worse,the only good place iv found in Cork city is pet planet they take care of the reptiles and give a care sheet when you buy one?

pmullen

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:36 pm Post subject:

oh god, i hate sullys.......and he hates me too, ha ha (leopard tortoise story) lol!!!

zirliz

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:04 pm Post subject:

Yep,its sad i got my water dragon in there and they told me that he could live in a 40 gallon his whole life.Word of advice stay away from Sullys aswell hes worse,the only good place iv found in Cork city is pet planet they take care of the reptiles and give a care sheet when you buy one?[/quote]

Yes I hate sullys everytime i go in their he treats me like dirt I will admit though any snakes I've gotten off him were all so healty.
Pet Planet is great I got my Anoles there the owner will talk to you for hours, I've been in there just talking about everthing he's so helpful. We also give out about other pet shops, He'll order anything on his list,
The guy in North main street is nice to me sometimes for some reason and not other times. I bought my Garter snake off him lovely healthy thing not keen on been handled. He doesn't seem to see the animals as alive only objects to make money. I was horrfied when he pat a batch of Simaese fighting fish all together (male) in a 50lt tank. When I told him he ignored me saying they're ok.

pmullen

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:07 pm Post subject:

thats horrible!!!

where is pet planet?

zirliz

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:17 pm Post subject:

I was inSullys pet shop friday they had just gotten in an order of reptiles and was horrified when they put the one Beardie in with Leopard geckos some of whihc were tiny (charging 110e) terribly expensive.
Then to top it off he threw in Anoles, how horrible, in a rekord 80 tank poor things.
Then one of the girls working there was enquiring about putting Anoles in her 4ft tank with her beardie I said you couldn't and the owner said "you wouldn't risk much would you?" I was really insulted these people have no knowledge of animals shouldn't the people who get work experience should animal related I'm studying Zoology and he wouldn't look twice at hiring me unless I've a degree bulls**te!

zirliz

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:20 pm Post subject:

where is pet planet?[/quote]

Barrett street go up past Beamish Distilary until reach bridge keep going straight until you pass a coal mart then it's all lit up with x-mas lights at mo.

pmullen

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:59 pm Post subject:

thanks, ill have a look on friday!!!
why not inform the cspca, i mean the lizards are being mistreated, and
the fella is a p***k
here is their number
021 4270079

zirliz

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:00 pm Post subject:

Someone told me he pays off every one that's why he's still in business, those poor pigeons

i copied the post to this
Old 03-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
aprillinda

see if this link will get you in
http://www.forumsvibe.com/reptiles/v...forum=reptiles
Old 03-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

Well the second link also goes to a log in page but i read what was copied and its awfull something needs to be done he needs to be sorted out maybe he would like to live like that?
Old 03-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #19
pmullen

maybe you have to register before your allowed see posts?
there is 2 petshops being talked about ibn this post, but the are across the road from each other,
Old 03-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #20
pmullen

im going to tell the cspca that i can take it imediately,
i think they will get in a lot of trouble, especially seings as there is no water!!!