Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
chunkymunky
Hatched

Default **Tortoise Table Advise**

We have a space of 1500cm x 550cm to make a tortoise table in. Please advise what would be the best materials to use to make this - we are on quite a tight budget, so that may or may not play a part in the choices we make.
We have Horsfield & she is about 5yr old at the moment she is on a temporary tortoise table which is fairly small.
I need to have fairly built up sides as she is a real climber but at the same time I want the kids to be able to see her & help to clean her out.
Any advise would be gratefully received

Thank you
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
cazzykins
Hatched

Heya, well I've just got a reeeaally big plastic tub atm, not too sure of the measurements, but we got it from wicks for under £10. We were going to make one from floor boards, but the machine that cuts the wood at homebase wasn't working and we don't have a saw, but that would of come to about £20, it was a pack of 5 really tall planks that kinda slotted together. Urrm other people have suggested bookcases turned on their backs, thought that was a good idea as it's allready made up, but getting one with exact measurements would be hard I guess, try Ikea? If worst came to worst with us we were going to use our coffee table, it's a big wooden storage trunk thing, just a case of pulling the top off, this was from Ikea for £20ish.
Can't think of anything else sorry, but I'm sure someone more DIY skilled will be along in a min!
cazzykins is offline   Reply With Quote