Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 22-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #51
Gordon
Adult

If I'm honest Emma I haven't tried anything as I'm not that sort of person I didn't even use the pain killers they gave me after the operation as I have a high pain threshold and pills never work on me. But saying that I will and did take all the antibiotics they have given me.
At the moment I'm sat in my chair in the garden feeling very sorry for myself and sore as I have just changed the dressing and I'm now bleeding around the wound from lack of skin from peeling off blooming dressings that seem to stick like the preverbial to a blanket so any advice on how to stop that would be great.
On the real gory side when I changed it yesterday the fluid shot out just short of 2 metres and how do I know this---------I measured it as I was amazed.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #52
emma_mcraf
Adult

I tried it all when I was pregnant with my youngest and had hyperemesis gravidarum for three months, which basically meant I couldn’t get out of bed and had my head in a bucket for around 30+ times a day. I tried anything to stop the nausea and vomiting as it stopped being a novelty of pregnancy after a few days. I couldn’t hack it for so many weeks! I now have quite a phobia of vomiting!

The silly thing was that all the stuff I tried to eat or drink just came back up again so the only thing that might have helped was the seabands, but who knows?

Use the bloody painkillers if only to give you a decent night’s sleep. I don’t have any advice for the skin soreness. I’m allergic to Elastoplast which I discovered after my foot surgery, so I know how dressings can be painful. It’s not like you can moisturise the area as the next dressing wouldn’t stick.

Ye gods - this wound sounds like something out the exorcist, projecting the fluid so far! I bet your girls are standing behind you from now on.
Had to chuckle at you measuring it.

At least the weather is good and you can try and relax in your chair. I’m sure you’re not looking forward to going back in on Friday but let’s hope you cover the doctor in plenty of fluid and he or she says enough is enough and does something to sort it out once and for all. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #53
emma_mcraf
Adult

Hope all’s gone well today, Gordon, and you’re home and resting now. xx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 24-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #54
Suze65
Adult

Well I’m so sorry, I’ve missed weeks of this, not sure what I’ve been doing. Firstly, Gordon you poor chap, what a horrendous time of it you’ve had, you will get better in the end that’s for sure.

Claire, bloody fantastic poem, had me in stitches, don’t make him laugh tooooo much or he will need more stitches !

Gordon really hope you start to improve and feel better very very soon.
As Emma said, it does sound like the exorcist!

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012

Last edited by Suze65; 24-05-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #55
Gordon
Adult

Well I survived fingers in belly having infection washed out.
Bloods showed up that there is an infection there but as I was sorted out this time by a surgeon who seemed to know what she was doing and explained what was and would happen I feel better in myself but still sore.
Came home with loads of pills for sickness antibiotics and loads of dressings as I have developed an allergy to the other ones I was using which were causing the skin to bleed when peeling off so now I know what was causing that.
Also have some spray that you spray around the sticky bit of the dressing and it comes off with ease.....amazing stuff.
Old 25-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #56
CherryBrandy
Adult

Good to hear you are sorted out at last by a good woman multitasking.
Did the surgeon explain what is the point of a gall bladder ? as it seems to cause issues for everyone at some point and is it left hand side ? because I could be having sympathy pangs??!!

Glad its improving and hope Wilber didn't suffer too much too , CB
Old 25-05-2019, 11:23 AM   #57
Gordon
Adult

Yep opposite side to your heart and the pain will go around the back.
Old 25-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #58
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Yep opposite side to your heart and the pain will go around the back.
Glad to see you have got it sorted:0)
Now its just a matter of time:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #59
tortydat
Sub Adult

Good to hear that you had a good visit and fingers crossed all will now be well. We have been given a provisional completion date of 21st June - scary or what? See you soon and just relax.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #60
emma_mcraf
Adult

So pleased that appointment went so much better and you are hopefully much more comfortable and can start to recover...finally!

Ooh Clare, hope you've not got a grumbly gallbladder too.

Mary, how exciting! Good luck with it all. I remember being in the throes of packing three years ago and it's hard work. x