View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 02:10 AM   #14
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbigears View Post
Hi Gordon, that's an incredibly kind gesture am I'm genuinely touched by your kind offer.
At the moment I'm sitting in bed crying my eyes out as I type this and going over and over what has happened to our little buddy. My wife suggested we might, after a period of time acquire another, but I'm so shook up right now that's the last thing on my mind.
She went down so quick, within a couple of days of being an active, feeding rascle, to a lethargic none eating tortoise and sudden demise. Unless I get a post mortem, which I expect would be many hundreds, I'll never know, and that really hurts me, the not knowing.
The boy has taken it really bad, we all have. Who would think that a crazy little reptile could have had such an impact on our lives, people wouldn't believe you and think your mad.
All I can say is love your precious ones, they are incredible creatures.
Trust me we all understand where you are coming from and like I said quite often you cant tell until it's to late. As for the post mortem I have never had one done and yes I've lost tortoises but I do know of people that have paid lots of money to get no positive diagnosis due to being to young. Sometimes unfortunately it's just one of things.
As I said the offer is there and I have a very dear friend who has told me she has a few babies left and is only to happy to offer one aswell so as well as being an odd bunch we are all big softies.
I know its easy to say but please dont give in thinking it was something you did and as I was told today real men do cry.

Last edited by Gordon; 13-02-2020 at 02:13 AM.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote