View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
Gru14
Egg

Hi chaps (and chapess's)

Thanks for your advice. Tello is still not well. He did a pee yesterday (all over my hand.. I was so happy with that) he passed some urates and they were grainy so I know he was dehydrated for sure. He's been soaked so much over past few days I think he is really beginning to resent me. I've done carrot and reptoboost baths.

Today, he has been a little worse for wear, he is struggling to open his eyes. When he does (which is only if I soak him and pick him up), his eyes are shiny and black but he looks how you feel when someone puts the light on in middle of the night and wakes you. I note there is I think an inflammation of the inner eye lid (my rabbit had a similar situation a few months back) or tiny weeny bit of discharge. He goes straight back to sleep after soaks. Today he hasn't eaten which concerns me, because the rest of the week he has at least eaten when I've handed it to him.

He had his 3rd abx injection this morning, I am wondering whether it is this that's making him sleepy rather than infection. Still no other visible signs of illness - nose, mouth clear. Just his eyes being 'sticky' i would describe.
He's on coco coir now as I changed his substrate incase of any bacterial nasties.
Just unsure what the root cause is, if he had a runny nose I would be confident in respiratory problem but I find it odd it's just the eyes and this very lethargic behaviour. He has not pooed yet which is a concern, thought he was going to earlier but it er.. didn't transpire. He doesn't appear to be straining but if I'm 100% honest not sure I'd know what that looked like anyway.

I called my vet who said it isn't unusual for them to react this v tired way mid-abx but, I've decided to take him in for a check up tomorrow because of this lack of eating today. Rather be safe than sorry and I've the option to commit him as an inpatient if needed, it's £150 a week but at the end of the day, it's worth that for me to have someone with him 24/7 as I can't be here Mon-Weds during the day.
He's so bummed out I don't think it would stress him too much being in new environment and I think it is a price worth paying. He's currently sleeping under his CHE, I've set it to 32ish.

I am just wracked with worry and guilt and praying he pulls through.
Gru14 is offline   Reply With Quote