View Single Post
Old 15-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
Kirkie
Adult

I can understand your frustration but the fact remains that the UK , our country of animal lovers, are selective about the animals we love. Wait until they start selling dog's meat (which is another culinary regular in china) see the public reaction then, there'd be uproar. Turtles are disadvantaged because they are not "cute" in the eyes of the general public. We're lucky enough to have an appreciation of animals most people don't spare a thought for.

This issue received a lot of media attention when it frist arose but unfortunatley we live in a nation of tutters, "tut! isn't that terrible" and that's it, turn the page.

The majority of the UK public want cheap food, full stop. Tesco provide this. People are prepared to turn a blind eye to where it comes from or what it goes through let alone show concern for (let alone feel the need to protest) the companys activities oversea's.
Look at the recent campaign in regard to free range chickens, the overwhelming argument for factory farmed birds was "they're cheap, I've a family to feed".

The sin's of Tesco are multitude, I'm not making an argument against, I fully support this campaign and I salute you for every effort you make to keep awareness of this issue alive.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote