View Single Post
Old 29-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
dugy
Juvenile

Default what on earth is dugy up to?

right well teh past few days i have posted various bits of info regarding me getting new torts.. i've changed my mind umpteen times on buying another and which ones and what not!!

right well i now know what i'm doing!!

the pet shop incodent is forgotten and i will no longer have anything to do with buying from a petshop.. i demanded my refund yesterday in cash and got it!

so i bought a 'female' yesterday who was previously bought by the owner from a breeder.. i have been able to identify him as well, a him! his tail is fat to start but does get slimmer but not as slim as a females.. it is also large enough to be identified as a male... his anus is a straight slit which means to be a male (females are star like) and lastly their is a slight concave of then plastron (male horsfields do not always have a concave and sometimes it is only very slight!

eee i feel so clever... when i first started with torts i didnt think i would ever gain all of this knowledge! its thanks to all you guys..

right basically.. the tort i got yesterday.. its approx 4.5 inches long and 3.5 inches wide it weighs in at 295 grams so according to the mcintyr ratio it is slightly underweight... i simply cannot keep another male a my torts have to be kept in my bedroom and i have limited space. a girl i work with is happy to take him tonight (if her hubby lets her) i have went through the husbundary with her and she ensures me that she will adhere to all of my strict rules! i see her alot and go over often for a cuppa so this way i can keep an eye on the litttle dude!

i am buying the two torts that i made a thread about in teh for sale section, i will keep the female and lindso is going to have the male for her dad! the previous owner has ensured me that they are completly healthy and he keeps a close eye for any health implications although i will keep her in quarintene for at least a good few months.. she will also be going straight to the vets for a worming and a good look over... and after quaranteen will, if she wants to join percy...

so this means that i will still be looking for another female... i just hope its more straight forward than this time!! i was soo confused yesterday!

and that is the message i sent to jackie, i decided that i would share it with all as it was a big long essay and my fingers would appreciate the recognition!

so thats my update.. for now!

thanks all for all the info over the last few months! i thought it would make me geeky having torties but the girls seem to love it! just an added bonus to the tortoise world!

dugy is offline   Reply With Quote