View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
The problem is Bev that the vets will just keep working towards saving the cat, they wont think about how much it is going to effect the life of the family involved.
My advise now that they are already treating the cat would be to see if the cat can get well enough to survive this once the poison come out of its system (even if that means the cat still has seisures occasionally) but if they suggest meds just say no, let nature take its course, he may go on for years with just the odd seisure.
It is more difficult to monitor what is happening with a cat than a dog just due to their nature, he may go out and have a seisure at a totally inappropriate time which could cause his death anyway (such as in the middle of crossing a road) this could still happen even if he is on the meds
Yes I see what you mean Alison, they are keeping him indoors at the moment with a litter tray, to check for urine and poops, they are coming round for dinner today so will gently approach the subject, although they won't see it that way at the moment, I think they are thinking of keeping him indoors permanently incase he does have anymore, I will talk to them about it today, thankyou for your advice Alison x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote