View Single Post
Old 22-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Poppy470
Egg

Hi there, I have bunk beds ( 2ftx4ft) for my two small spur thighed, The have top soil throughout, I have a heat lamp which comes over one of the short sides and I rigged up strip lights on wooded angled brackets so it was over the top in the centre shining directly downwards, the one on the bottom I hung from a small chain to get it close enough. I have a small wooden bendable cave type thing they go into to sleep, another much larger one that acts like a small ramp they climb over, in the centre of the pens, just make sure they can’t climb out when on top of it! I put slate stones in on half the pen, just so they were walking on something different, and on top of there at one corner a large piece of slate to put the leaves on, I also have other large stones dotted around the pen. And a shallow water bowl . And that kind of fills it to be honest. I don’t put plants in because as Jan sais they tend to trample everything. You can get small plant trays from Homebase which have fittings to clip over the side of wood, I’ve seen them, but never tried them. Hope this helps.
Poppy470 is offline   Reply With Quote