View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Hi folks

I've totally avoided any involvement with chips and things up to now. But I've got a number of hermanni hermanni hatchlings and I can't keep them all. This subspecies is really quite small for hermanns so even after 18 months they are still tiny. But I need a plan!

My two females that have produced eggs has got proper certificates, one is a UK one and the other is a French certificate.

So if I want to offer some little ones for sale next year what do I need to do? Should I get the big females chipped first of all? Also these wee ones have got tiny legs - do they HAVE to get chipped to be sold?

The actual selling won't be easy unless I can find people in Scotland that want them. People in England would find the cost of coming to get them would make the tortoises seem very expensive once you factor in the travel.

Any thoughts and advice very welcome. Also if anyone thinks they might want to buy some Corsican hermanni hermanni in the spring or summer of 2017 you're welcome to contact me now. I'm not in a position to sell them at the moment because of the certs and chips issue and also I'd say they are too small to move about.

You need the egg laying females and the male chipped first. Making sure nano chips are used and not the normal tortoise microchips. As your spieces tend to be smaller than most. Although you might get away with the normal chips.
You then can get the hatchlings nano chipped.
You can't apply for Certs without adult male and female micro chipped first.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote