View Single Post
Old 23-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
linda
Adult

latest news

copied from joys web site

NEWS
GOOD NEWS. Big Giant Sulcata Zeus is finally back home where he belongs. He was bought in a pet shop in Kent by an unsuspecting lady who fell in love with him but when she saw the article in the Daily Mail, she realised who he was. This incredible lady then telephoned me, to explain, I contacted the Police who were already aware that Zeus was in Kent and yesterday I went off to Kent to identify him and bring him home. A man has been arrested and is helping police regarding the rest of the stolen tortoises so I am hopeful they will also be returned home. I will now be keeping the garden open. I would like to express my thanks to the police who did a fantastic job in tracking these thieves, I would also like to express my thanks to John Heyward, theft co-ordinator for The British Chelonia Group for his tireless efforts to bring my tortoises home and I would like to express my undying gratitude to Karen Todd who was warm hearted enough to allow Zeus to come back to his rightful home. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your letters, flowers, cards and donations of support. And finally Geoff and my son Terry, who are always by my side... I hope to be fitting some new high tech equipment and will be very grateful to anyone who can donate to my security fund. Good wishes..
Joy.