Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #650
emma_mcraf
Adult

I’m really sorry, Gordon. There are really strict rules and regulations and they vary between crematoria.
I am glad that you are having to socially isolate and therefore you don’t have to feel bad about not going; the government has put in measures which made that decision for you.
It is hard, I know. My husband is finding it difficult not being able to give the care and support he has done for so many years to families in need. Even the funeral staff have to remain 2m apart and so he’s taken to driving the hearse himself and meeting the bearers there. He is trying to continue with as much dignity as possible, paying respect to the deceased in the same way as he usually would. I am sure the firm you are using will be doing exactly the same.

Definitely plan something for when things return to normal and gatherings can be held again.
Funeral zone, now renamed Funeral Guide, is an online website used by many funeral directors. Hubby was their advisor in the setting up of the business quite a few years ago.

They have online obituaries and people can pay their respects by leaving messages, lighting a virtual candle, posting photos and memories, etc.
This might be a nice way for your family and friends to feel they’ve marked the funeral in some way up until you can have a nice memorial for your dad. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote