View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

I see your previous posts have all been about his eating habits since you rehomed him TessaRuth. It’s definitely something you’ve been worrying about a lot, I can see.
I think that if he’s not losing weight and he’s not lethargic, you should try not to worry quite so much. Their appetites alter with temperature changes and all sorts of things. I have some torts who wait patiently for their food and gobble it immediately and others who ignore it and go to it in their own good time.
Bathing in Reptoboost is fine and might kick-start his appetite, but as Sandy says, hydration in the important factor so if he’s drinking and there’s no signs of dehydration I’m sure he’s just being a little pernickety.
It’s amazing how these little creatures can make us worry. How did you get on changing his diet from what his previous owners gave him? Does he enjoy weeds and flowers?
Hopefully he is eating in the garden without you realising it and you’ll spot what he is going for.
Let us know how things go.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote