View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Talking Post rating system

Some forums have a rating system which allows other users to give a verdict on a post and comment specifically on the value of that post and enter a few words about why they have rated it the way they have.

This provides for situations where people who don't know much about a subject just reply anyway. Possibly because they are not aware of their limitations or simply for something to do.

Usually the forum has moderation on the rating system. So anyone can submit a rating and comment but it only goes on the forum if the moderator approves it. On forums where this works well, newbies can see at a glance if posts contain advice or ideas that are worthwhile or not.

I don't know if anything like this would work on SW but it is really useful on another forum that I go on (which is not to do with pets).

Now that we rarely have any decent arguments on here, this would give the moderators something to do.

I haven't really thought this through and it's just a post I'm sticking up whilst I eat my lunch at work in front of a PC. How would you rate this post?