View Single Post
Old 29-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
amony
Egg

Hi,
She does has an swimming pool for in the summer! she is often outside for a few hours under supervision in the summer in a pool and then walking around the garden, she enjoys to bask in the sun! She also had in her old plastic tank, she had sand for laying eggs, when she seemed to be trying to lay the eggs i would lift her from her tank and sit her in her sand box for a while...but she did not lay eggs ever in the box of wet sand! she just layed them in her tank, where we would put warmer water in for her at that moment, she used to get lots of injections and liquid calcium which she is to take even in the winter to see if it helps at all!

She now has a uvb light which is 9 inches from her shell and the light, on the back of the box it says she received the 2nd best quality of uvb light for the distance between her shell and the light. She has an heater coming for her, that will keep the water at room temperature! I hope this will help her and keep her happy =]

Tommetta has very long nails for a female!... the vet said so and a long tail also! I did not know if this was bad or good, the vet never really mentioned... thankyou for recomending a filter ,she has a large tank! 3 feet by 1 foot and half... funny thing is, my gf and her family thought she was a boy for 13 years and they were leaving to go on holiday ( her sister was stayin to study and look after the dog the rabbit and tommetta) and she suddently laid an egg! everyone thought it was a joke!...so then onwards she has had attention from the vet helping her to lay her eggs=] she had some strange and rather large and difficult eggs to pass but passed them and must have been such a releif ! My gf is trying very hard to give her tommetta everything she needs and hopes to make her feel better. I will post pics when the gf has sent me a recent one, as i only have pics of her in her pool ( a sand box filled with water in the garden,a childrens sand box/pool... she loves it..) and being held by myself!
amony is offline   Reply With Quote