Thread: Bread and Milk
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #17
yuna1971
Adult

Horace2 - Broccoli isnt a great thing to feed, although some do. I think as long as your Horace is getting a good 5-a-day mix of weeds IN WITH the lettuce varieties and that you chop and change things, he should be ok. Also keep your food supplimented and pop around his enclosure a few odd bits of calcium so he can nibble if he wants.
But weeds are very good at the moment, lots of varieties coming up. So it should be no problem to get him a good weed selection now - in with your other stuff.
I would limit the Broccoli though...thats my opinion, others may differ.
Nice for us humans though although its contents do make me feel rather like a hand grenade....(if you know what i mean...)
xx good luck - hope this helps.
Just a word on the guy with the torts who get fed bread and milk. All you can do is perhaps gently have a quiet word. If he doesnt take much notice of what you say, then you have tried - you have the knowledge of what to do, and he might be grateful for what you know. Might be worth a try, perhaps bringing up the subject and asking how they are...and gently easing into the food area. xx

**just had a wee thought. You could go pick some good weeds and just pass them to him and say "I got these for mine and he loves it, apparently very good for torts" - and just hand him half a bag of them. He might be really grateful and say ok will see if they like them..sort of response.**Just a thought.

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025

Last edited by yuna1971; 13-05-2010 at 01:10 PM.
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote