View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #7
AbeetheRound
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Horsfields are crazy little things. 9 years old probably , 7 foot by 3ft. outside area probably 12 ft by 2ft or squared. lots to do. Horsfields love to explore and scratch. Itchy and scratchy will need lots of depth but the noise will drive you mad ! try cooler so they are a little less active and no digging all the time. My Horsfields are not Marilyn monroes - don't like hot. 26 - 29 is adequate, plenty of depth and a little house so that its dark for them - if they have something over their shell they feel like they are in a safe cave so try some newpaper touching their shell - turn lights off by 4 oclock and they will be asleep by 6 ish. peace ! if they are scurrying around at night - its too light - in the table place some newspaper over their table and make it dark. so sweet ! CB
Thank you Cherry, yes, I think the table maybe a bit small by the sound of it, I wonder if the other half can work on an extension 🤔! I have turned the temp down over the last few days actually and noticed a little difference. The newspaper sounds like a great idea, most of the scratching goes on in the dark area so may just do the trick, thank you!
AbeetheRound is offline   Reply With Quote