View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeetheRound View Post
Hi

I have my two young adult torts in a wooden table, it’s very sturdy and easy to set up. They seem very happy in there.

However, I have noticed something since setting up and putting my torts in... noise!!! They are constantly trying to climb up the side of the table and the noise of their little claws scraping the wood goes straight through me! The only thing that stops them doing it is throwing food in and this is only temporary whilst they eat. Has anyone else had this problem? I am intending to put more substrate in there this weekend after reading through a few more posts, but I’m worried with the increased depth, they will be closer to the uv strip installed under the hatch of the table and heat light which I have on a stand over it. What are your thoughts? Could it be more than just a few home improvements, do you think maybe my torts are bored?

Any thoughts appreciated, the noise is driving me mad!

Abee 😊
Suze and Mary have replied some answers:0)
My thoughts are that the enclosure could be too small for two tortoises.
Or the table is far too hot or cold.
Heat should be at one end of the table, with the housing at the other end. So they have a choice to bask or sleep in temps they want too.
Temperature under the heat should be around 32c, with temps of around 25c the other end. Remembering that room temperature can affect both if you dont keep an eye on it:0)
They generally try and dig in around dusk when light levels drop and they want to sleep.
All my tortoises are now in hibernation, and yours could be telling you its time to do the same:0)
A little more info or a picture can help us to help you:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is online now   Reply With Quote