View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #23
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
We’ve had it bad too. Snow is higher than the doors, but managed to get out and shovel and brush off the decking boards. The snow is about 8’’ and covered overnight by freezing rain so has a top layer of ice. Thankfully no one has to go anywhere so we’re just embracing it. We’re in the ‘Red Zone’, which is odd as I’m so used to seeing the East coast, Wales, Midlands and Scotland get it bad, but never much here. There definitely hasn’t been this sort of snowfall in my adult life, so I’m glad the kids are all old enough to remember it when they’re older.

Gordon, I can barely see you! Amazing that you actually have yourself covered up. I’ve only ever seen you in shorts and of course you always visit Mary in your thong!
When I lived in Hastings we had such a snow fall in 1962, some places even higher with snow drifting. The snow we have at the moment is not a touch on that. We have had this amount of snow in 2009 in Kent. I just think we have gotten very complacent about snow and are just not prepared for it. Everyone knew the snow was coming but councils didnt do enough as usual.
My husband was out with the bags of salt I have had since 2009 to clear the drive etc:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote