View Single Post
Old 31-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Steph37
Hatched

Default Any idea on HF ages?

I have 4 through R&C have had them for 6 months but dont think I should put them with the others cos of the size difference. They have been seen by 2 experts, one has said 18 months to 2 years, the other said 3years. They only just fall on the MacIntyre ratio and are fine in terms of weight to length but I would love to know how old they are-thinking they could be as old as 4 and as young as 2 is interesting. I have a feeling that the biggest one is male which i know woldnt usually make sense but as they have come via R an C I guess that they could have come from different places and be different ages which would explain why the biggest one is male-he could be much older for all I know. they range from 70-85mm and weigh from 94-117gm (they have grown only a few mm since I had them in July but their weights then were 68-80gm) Was going to hibernate them as all seemed healthy but they werent well enough adjusted and lost loads of weight very quickly so have had them inside but have not had the difficulties keeping them awake that some people have mentioned.They are not so lively but are still eating like mad! I now need to change the spotlights to a lower wattage I guess til they are able to eat at a lower temprature outside as I've had it at 92 at hot end and 70 at the cool end. Steph
Steph37 is offline   Reply With Quote