View Single Post
Old 16-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
deepbluesea
Egg

Default Horsefield Newbie looking for help & advice!!!

Hi guys, i apologise if this is long winded but i could do with some help please!! I've inherited a 3 year old female horsefield (long story) i've had her for about a month now, i have both an indoor and outdoor enclosure but I'm now concerned about the chilly nights that are starting to creep in!! I've spent hours looking through the internet but its very contradictory and wondered if you guys can help? I have a 5ft by 4ft outside run with a rabbits hutch as a retreat attached to it, inside i have a basking lamp so she can warm up and stay warm then she ventures out and does her thing. The evenings now are dropping below 12c so do i bring her in each evening or leave her out? I've read tortoises don't like to be moved about constantly and I've read sketchy opinions about using infra red heat bulbs for nigh time heating! The days here have been quite pleasant its just the drop in temp that worries me, what is the general rule of thumb about how long you can keep horsefields outside before finally bringing them in until spring??
Thanks for any replies
deepbluesea is offline   Reply With Quote