View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMaffz View Post
They were probably waiting for presents..
Ha ! I have written a book actually ! About a Tortoise who saw Christmas. They did sit in the lounge in front of the wood burner and seemed to like it. didn't actually go anywhere the whole Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
If it is any consolation Keith, I am not really very confident with the hibernation process, which is probably why I do it the way I do. I just have to monitor and the torts do the rest. A couple of weeks ago I was moving the large torts to the greenhouse and the smaller ones into tort lodge. All was ok until today when they have shuffled about and now the big torts are in Tort lodge, and the small ones in the greenhouse. I have hunted for ages for 'lived in a viv' Georgia only to find she is two inches down in Tort Lodge. X x x x hugs x x
do you know Stellanne, I reckon you are right. I find it much easier when they hibernate naturally because they do all the planning and work. I've had to dig a couple of mine up and put them somewhere drier that's the only thing. They didn't seem to mind too much. this time of year all I hear is scraping and bums in air ! Not many people except TK's can say that surely !! CB